UKFF Awards 2012

Ronnie

• Paid Members

awards.png

Award time has descended upon us, so we'll soon be remembering 2012, honouring all that was good and disparaging the bad.

The Paidos are currently drawing up the nominations for the UKFF-related awards. I'll soon start some threads for all members to make your nominations for the wrestling- and MMA-related categories. You'll be allowed to make up to three nominations for each category, though don't feel compelled to make three just for the sake of it. At this stage you don't have to give any reasoning; we can save that the for voting.

To avoid spamming the forum with twenty separate threads I'll group several categories together. I've set no time frame at the moment - we'll see how things progress and adjust accordingly. Once enough time has passed and nominations have been received, I'll collate the responses and the awards proper will commence.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

I think there are probably more than enough awards all in, mate. On top of the wrestling-related ones there are around a dozen UKFF ones, the MMA ones, BritWres ...

In the case of Miz I think you could consider him appropriate for the GTFO award, even if it's purely as a face that you don't like him. I reckon most of those who would vote for Cena for GTFO wouldn't do so if he happened to be heel, so the same sort of logic holds here. You want him off your TV, even if you acknowledge that he would be good cast in a different role.

• Paid Members
When do nominations end?

Very, very soon, Rockers.

I've just come online to post in Paid that I'm going to close the nomination period by Christmas because I'm going to be busy that night getting stuck in people's chimneys. A great night for breaking and entering if you're spheroid and beardy. Once I've worked out what my own nominations are I'll get around to actually typing that.

• Paid Members

Just a suggestion, could the mods temporarily pin something in the main forum to say the nominations are open? There haven't been many nominations, probably mainly due to the fact moo isn't around to change the sub-forum name. In particular, only a handful of people have provided nominations for the match of the year category.

• Paid Members
Moo really needs to hand over full handling of the forum to neil. It's not really fair on him to have him constantly badgered for stuff he can't do, even more so as Moo doesn't come round at all these days.

Yes, this. It's been on my mind too. Neil's power is a lot less than you'd think it to be. He's a moderator doing the admin's job but without the admin's access. So he can, for example, change a user's group (hence my change to gold lettering) but can't indicate what permissions that group has, such as an ability to pin topics in the awards forum.

All Moo would have to do is tick a little box in the admin control power to make Neil an admin. He wouldn't have to worry about handing over access to the server where the site is hosted or anything like that.

Have you approached him about that, Neil?

Trivia question: So who knew that there is a second admin in addition to Moo?