Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Moderators

Jericho quite often says he imitated bochwinkel. His issue is that he copied him 20 years later, whilst miz and swagger did it while he was about. Has an over inflated ego, but a valid point

No it isn't. Nicking is nicking. You can't claim it's alright for you to rip someone off, but not for someone else because he had the idea to rip someone off first.

Meltzer and Alvarez are such idiots on the audio shows. Miz and Mizdow did a throwaway joke the other week about Mizdow setting up secret cameras on Miz to try and outdo the Boyhood movie, and for some reason Dave and Bryan have decided that that's setting up the angle where they split up.

• Moderators

Meltzer doesn't do pop culture, I think he didn't know who Mr Burns was once. There was certainly some situation when he was  confused about Bret Hart on the Simpsons.

EDIT: AH!

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

That clip is absolutely fantastic. Pretty sure Astro posted it not too long ago, didn't he? Meltzer does come across like the easiest man to whoosh, almost like he's got that kind of autism where you just can't pick up or process sarcasm or jokes whatsoever.

• Paid Members

Thicko Bryan Alvarez is as bad (if not worse) on that clip than him. Proper dozy cunt who has no idea what he's taking about. His embarrassing column in Figure 4 Weekly is stunning this week. A total lack of self awareness. Big tirade on how "styles make wrestling" and "this is why New Japan is so popular". All because he seen one Tokyo Dome show and a Styles/Suzuki. Which is cool. I'm not all over New Japan, even if I do enjoy it when I watch it. But its like, if you love it so much, why dont you actually watch it? Such a tool. If you are going to judge the wrestling landscape, why arent you watching it regularly? The network stuff has really exposed him as not having a clue what he's talking about. He doesn't understand sport or television logic. He never watches any telly.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

The very same man that had a cry last year about Daniel Bryan's t-shirts not selling great, because nobody in their right mind would wear gaudy wrestling t-shirts.

He's insufferable when he's talking about his favourites. When discussing Heyman winning best promo in the Observer awards, Meltzer rightly brought up the fact that Heyman was shit when he was with Cesaro, and played a part in derailing him. Instead of maybe contemplating such a thing (like Meltzer was doing), Alvarez instantly started screaching in Heyman's defence. Predictably hilarious.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

I like Alvarez a lot. His role on those shows is act as host and get the best out of Meltzer, Todd Martin, Lance Storm or whoever and add some counter points. I think he does that well. He's a bit too contrarian and outraged at times sure but hes a very good radio personality. I think Meltzer would be a tough listen without him steering the ship.

Considering the amount of shows they put out every week, I'm never fatigued with the Observer audio like I get with pretty much every other Wrestling podcast.

• Awards Moderator

Austin and Wade Keller break down the Rumble on today's show. No shocking opinions, they agree with the majority view. One thing Austin does say is that Brock does not have the skills to call a match. I know he is relatively inexperienced for top line talent but I was surprised at this judgment.

• Paid Members

I like Alvarez a lot. His role on those shows is act as host and get the best out of Meltzer, Todd Martin, Lance Storm or whoever and add some counter points. I think he does that well. He's a bit too contrarian and outraged at times sure but hes a very good radio personality. I think Meltzer would be a tough listen without him steering the ship.

Considering the amount of shows they put out every week, I'm never fatigued with the Observer audio like I get with pretty much every other Wrestling podcast.

Gotta agree - love all of Meltzers shows - he's an encyclopedia. His shows with Mike Semprevive are the best. Alvarez grates on me a bit - he doesn't seem to know very much outside of North America, and even at that he gets schooled by Dave all the time.

In short, I'm a massive Meltzer fanboy.

BWP ENCORE! RADIO - A FRANKIE SPECIAL

BWP Encore! Radio returned a couple of weeks back with a special interview with British Wrestling Legend, 'Liverpool Lad' Frankie Sloan.

Frankie sits down with the Encore! team to discuss his thoughts on British Wrestling today compared to when he broke into the business, as well as his thoughts on the future of British Wrestling.  He discusses his thoughts on some of the talent and promoters in this country as well as many other very funny and sometimes controversial stories.  

*** WARNING - CONTAINS VERY BAD LANGUAGE ***

<<< LISTEN TO THE FRANKIE SLOAN PODCAST NOW >>>

The next guest on BWP Encore! Radio will be a personality that is often seen but rarely heard - British Wrestling photographer extraordinaire, Mr Tony Knox!  Follow BWP Encore! Radio on Facebook & Twitter for further updates.

www.britanniawrestling.co.uk