UKFF Hip Hop Thread

Chest Rockwell

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Moderators

So, when I started this thread it was with a post about the last Sean Price album. He sadly died a couple days back.. I'm super gutted. He is one of my absolute favourite rappers.. Massively charismatic, really funny but raw and real at all times. Nothing gimmicky at all about him. A real unique talent, this is a great loss to rap..

Edited by Chest Rockwell

I'm sure grime's a tad divisive here but I'm a fan, there's nowt better than old Nasty Crew/Meridian Crew/Roll Deep sets.

Oh yeah, could listen to sets all day/ Don't forget Slew Dem and Ruff Sqwad

my favs to listen to, roughly are Esco, Dizzee, Wiley, D Double, Rapid, Slix. Crazy Titch too for pure unhinged-ness. Not too sure what's happening in the grime scene lately, heard a few nice singles/tracks but good new material is pretty sparse nowadays.

Also gutting grime's never really had any connection with rasslin'. So many badman entrance themes gone to waste

Edited by sj5522

I'm sure grime's a tad divisive here but I'm a fan, there's nowt better than old Nasty Crew/Meridian Crew/Roll Deep sets.

my favs to listen to, roughly are Esco, Dizzee, Wiley, D Double, Rapid, Slix. Crazy Titch too for pure unhinged-ness. Not too sure what's happening in the grime scene lately, heard a few nice singles/tracks but good new material is pretty sparse nowadays.

Also gutting grime's never really had any connection with rasslin'. So many badman entrance themes gone to waste

P Money - Slang like this would be a top entrance tune

The current grime scene is fractured, you've got a fair few youngers putting in work but not many of them are truly getting places and you rarely see the old guys working with them. The one guy that they have adopted is Novelist who I'm not a massive fan of as an MC but he has huge potential as a producer imo, plus he's not afraid to work with guys who are pushing the genre in other directions like Mumdance.

If you're into the more instrumental side of things then check out the Boxed compilations, that part of the scene is on fire https://soundcloud.com/boxedldn/sets/boxed-vol-1

I've often thought that there should be a grime stable over here, have local MC's as a part of it.