Jump to content

The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread


EdgarTheSlouch

Recommended Posts

Posted

That Gotch/Hackenschmidt poster is shit. It doesn't even have a date on it. I bet it was promoted by cretins who only put the date online.

  • Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted
That Gotch/Hackenschmidt poster is shit. It doesn't even have a date on it. I bet it was promoted by cretins who only put the date online.

I thought it might have been some sort of commemorative piece, produced after the contest had taken place. That

Posted
Was TNA Matt's last proper run then? He's going to be the Marty Jannetty of his generation. Except he was never really that good.

 

For that analogy to work Jeff would of had to do much better, and Matt would have had to do far worse....

 

In the same post? Hell, the same sentence! How?? air_raid? Ronnie?

  • Paid Members
Posted
Both of the images in that post are courtesy of a really cool, gimmicked Frank Gotch facebook account. I don
Posted
Hahaha, that sounds fun. Does he do loads of updates like a bloke from the 20s who's suddenly found himself stuck in the modern day and doesn't know what's going on? Obviously, the whole Facebook thing kind of blurs the gig, but sounds like he works with it well.

That

Posted
Was TNA Matt's last proper run then? He's going to be the Marty Jannetty of his generation. Except he was never really that good.

 

For that analogy to work Jeff would of had to do much better, and Matt would have had to do far worse....

 

Hence my use of the future tense in there, champ. Keep up. It's a prediction.

 

What an anal reaction to an innocent comment.

Posted
I disagree with Show Off. It's already come to pass. Jeff's been a WWE main eventer and World champ three times, is a two-time and current World champ in TNA, and is always over even when he's not at his best. Matt has held midcard titles, gotten fat, lost his mind and is swapping razorblades with Masada on the indies.

 

I'm not entirely sure how Jeff could do "much" better, or Matt "much" worse.

 

The only thing to come to pass is that Jeff is more successful than Mat, I don't think anybody would argue that, despite the fact that for a couple of years it looked like the pendulum may of swung the other way. But Jeff has never been at the level of a Shawn Michaels nor has Matt been to the depths of Marty Jannety. I get this whole "the Marty of the team thing" but you can't force that into every tag team break up direction just for the sake of a goofy little saying.

 

You're going off wrestling accomplishments on paper. In reality there is a world of difference between winning the world title in 1996 in contrast to 2009. I love Jeff Hardy - but he isn't in Shawn Michael's league in terms of how he is presented to the audience, or by what he can do in the ring, or through his body of work.

 

Matt was a solo act in the WWE for years with varying success rates and also had additional tag runs with Jeff that were a success. He's been in countless computer games, had countless action figures - the guy made his money despite what anybody may think of him. Marty didn't reach the level of a Matt Hardy frankly.

 

Apples vs Oranges.

  • Paid Members
Posted

My missus thought they were brothers when I showed her that. That's mental. I bet he loves being rich and not giving a fuck about having to inherit the world's most stressful job.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...