The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

Bubba looks fucking awesome there. Wikipedia says he's 41. If that's true, there's hope for a lot of us late 20's fatties...

Back onto photos, and it's another Juventud related offering from me. I thought this one was interesting, as it seems he's actually turning more and more into Michael Jackson all the time...

149704_422917431060055_751428053_n.jpg

• Paid Members

The Pontiac Silverdome was bought a couple of years ago for a mere $550,000. The new owners plan to do it up and build a new roof at some point, so for the moment they've just abandoned it and let nature take its course.

xlarge.png

The revamp plans are pretty ambitiously odd as well. They want to do a three-venue, double-decker building:

original.jpg

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members

As somebody said on the WrestlingClassics board about it. Stadium wasn't built to NOT have a roof. It's like having a house with no roof. Some amount of damage must be happening to the seats and floor there. Not good. I can see them just scrapping it.

Think about the pictures you could take if you ever managed to get in there when it's like that. Wow.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
As somebody said on the WrestlingClassics board about it. Stadium wasn't built to NOT have a roof. It's like having a house with no roof. Some amount of damage must be happening to the seats and floor there. Not good. I can see them just scrapping it.

I would think that's what they'll end up doing anyway, it's the American Way. A guy who I follow on Twitter who is a Chicago Cubs fan went on a rant the other day aghast at the fact that they would "waste" $300m refurbishing Wrigley Field (the Cubs' beloved home of nearly 100 years' standing, iconic for it's ivy-covered outfield walls & vintage hand-turned scoreboard) when they could just bulldoze it & build a brand new stadium on top for the same money.

Edited by Statto