The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

• Paid Members

Where there any major gushes in matches (except Sunny obviously, wheyyyy!) between 1994-1996?

Yeah, Bret Hart bleeds shitloads in the brilliant main event of IYH 5 against Davey in December 1995.

Edit: "Jinx"

Edited by tiger_rick

Should have sent him a Sky viewing card so he could at least watch your channel.

WWF.jpg

I don't remember this ring at all, or even the "bend ems".

I purchased this at a Kay-Bee Toys in Puerto Rico in 1998. It might have been a KB Toys exclusive? I remember only wanting it for the Paul Bearer figure.

EDIT: Also those ring posts could be sprung down, but would never stay down, was the most pointless carrying case ever.

Edited by AJSTYLES

Did all those WWF rings come with that electronic thing? My version definitely didn't and it looks identical. It's either a different version of my parents dropped it in the mass brawl that broke out and subsequent dash to escape when they stumbled upon a motherload of unsold WWF Hasbro toys that year on the bottom floor of WH Smiths.

I think there was two versions of it for a while. The ring i got didn't have the sound effects either. Mine had a Hogan figure included.

There was never a ring that had a Hogan figure included. Maybe your Dad slipped one in there to make your Mum happy. 

I believe Woolworths did some rings with Hogan, Warrior and Sgt Slaughter figures in. I think this was just a Woolworths thing though - they used to do weird stuff like that. I remember in the late 80's they sold 5 or 6 Star Wars figures in a plain plastic wrapper. 

They were about the same size as the hasbros, and made of like a kind oof rubber I think.

They were. I had a Diesel, Mankind and Kane which I used for my Hasbro fed. Same size and made out of a bendable rubber. They released a load of them - Sunny, Vader, Austin, LOD, McMahon, Mabel etc. but they came at the time when Hasbros were gone and the new bigger style figures came in. I remember Forbidden Planet in London having a huge display of them.