Raw 24/09/12

Allstar69

• Paid Members
So the lack of reaction to the big reveal at the end was disappointing. It was a great idea. And the crowd were decent all night. If they'd popped huge for that reveal, they'd have made Ryback.

Apparently the live crowd didn't see what happened backstage for some reason (i.e the bit with Punk and Foley and then Ryback staring down Punk), with them instead getting a few minutes break before the dark match. No idea why they'd do that though.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Interesting Raw, had a bit of a different feel to things and on the whole that's in a good way. Certainly didn't expect that Ryback twist at the end and not quite sure what to make of it at the moment. With Ians thread on here and Cenas tone in his promo, that ending, it did give the sense somewhat that WWE are suddenly aware and getting ready for the next age. I don't actually think Cena will be gone significantly for a good while yet but it's reassuring that's it's on their minds that they really need to build new lads up and that they may really be looking to do something about it. On Ryback, his trademark 'STOOPID!' when he had Miz hoisted up directed toward the fan trying to jump the ring was tremendous.

I do like it sometimes when WWE are forced into a situation and need to rapidly make somebody. Because it can obviously be exciting and they are generally actually very good at it when they desperately need to do it. Just not sure about Ryback being jumped straight up there. Not sure who else I'd go for either though as I guess most over guys credentials are too shot from stop-start pushes or constant losses. The MITB concept has also ruined the potential to thrust people up a notch really effectively somewhat with its overkill too.

Comedy Kane is a riot. Naturally D-Bry is brilliant too. Some of the skits were a bit much, the belch and the when Harry met Sally bit but for the most part it was well played. The simple concept of Kane being in normal social surroundings dressed as he is and nobody questioning it is humorous enough. Dr Shelby is class too, he should just be there manager. Who is he? Where did they get him from? Something about Kane becoming this latest incarnation in the twilight of his career feels so strangely right and pleases me no end. What a trooper Glen Jacobs is. As others have said, the both of them are clearly having a riot doing this shiz. Oh, Bryan's puke face was top notch as well and they've definitely given the tag scene a much needed boost. WWE seem set to build it up more as they are so over so they've got more to work with. Sandow and Rhodes to me seem like just a temporary team for The Big Red Goats to step over.

Punk has definitely looked much more of a big deal lately (regular association with Cena and Rock will do that) and is clearly much more at home as a heel, although 'one of the best promo guys ever' did a fair bit of rambling and losing his place this week. Everything he and Cena do is great but I thought that end segment with them together was pretty weak.

Dr Shelby is a jobbing actor called Sam Huntington. I thought he'd be one of the WWE writers.

Bad news for you. Kofi vs Ziggler is on Superstars this week too. And why not. Great match apparently.

Brilliant. They'll still be wrestling each other for no reason in ten years and doing fuck all else because some lazy bastard sees them as an easy way to fill time.

For those interested, it's being reported that RAW did a truly shite 2.7 rating for the three hour show, making it the lowest rated (non holiday) edition of RAW since 1997.

This is taken from one of the many ProWresslinObserverRipoff.com sites, so take it for what it's worth...

"As noted before, the September 24th WWE RAW did a 2.72 rating with 3.78 million viewers

Not a surprise the ratings are getting worse, that third hour must surely lose shitloads and fuck up the average (which I assume is how the overall rating is worked out)

It's been said a load of times before but three hours is just far too long every week, as much as I wanted to watch everything the WWF put out in 99/2000 even I would've struggled to get through three hours of Raw every week then, nowadays where I'm not half as interested it is hard work even with Sky +

Re: ratings - don't they always take a hit during NFL season? There's a bit of a crossover in the target demographics, after all. Which is a shame, there was plenty good about it this week. The ending of Monday's NFL game was mental, so I'm not surprised a load of people turned over.

NFL is a bit of a train wreck at the minute thanks to a referrees strike, they have the US equivalent of sunday league referrees officiating. I suspect people are tuning in to watch the comedy. That could hurt WWE's ratings more than regular Monday night football.

Archived