Raw 24/09/12

Allstar69

BAutW.jpg

Is it just me or does he look like Taka in that pic? Given how shit Sin Cara was/is, it wouldn't be totally illogical to throw someone else under the mask that can actually go.

Oh and Mick Foley was awesome. I've never been a big Foley fan, especially in his appearances here and there (TNA excluded) but this one was great. Passionate, cut CM Punk down brilliantly and created a fantastic soundbite about statistics being useless compared to moments. Especially noting his three runs lasted less than a month combined yet he's remembered more than CM Punks reign will at this point. Very well done.

CM Punk as a heel gives you that sense that he actually dislikes his opponent. Cena, Hart, Foley. Anyone he's verbally sparring with, you get sucked into believing the hatred is real. Its rare for that to happen. Didn't work as a babyface but certainly works in his heel persona.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Why didn't the just called Kane/Bryan Anger Management, It would have been a better name then Team Hell No

Perhaps it sounds too much like "Attitude Adjustment"? Just a guess, though.

• Paid Members

One of the better Raws in recent memory I thought. It flowed really well. Some good wrestling, good interviews and good angles on the show. CM Punk was pretty awesome on this episode actually. The Jerry Lawler thing was very tastefully done, too. Its a real shame it isn't only two hours though. There is some canny stuff going on at the minute, but that final hour just drags on, no matter how interesting the show is. They have a few interesting angles at the minute that make you want to see what happens next, so they could really do with cutting the 3rd hour to make the show more watchable.

I wonder if Punk vs Sheamus is the next feud after the Hell in the Cell PPV. They did a dark match last night where Sheamus stood tall at the decision. Dark matches are usually a good scope of what is in their future plans.

• Paid Members

WWE need to keep Punk heel for a few years, he's starting to look like an elite wrestler again, something he fleetingly showed during that Cena feud last year. Everything seems to be clicking with him at the minute. Heyman is showing exactly why Vickie Guerrero is one of the shittest 'managers' of all-time, he's really enhanced Punk's aura, IMO. Hopefully they keep this up until people pay to watch The Rock beat Punk.

It's a shame the excellent Kane/Bryan stuff was ruined by the fans, #TeamHellNo indeed. Kane and Bryan have a sweet spot at the moment, it looks like both are having a great time doing this too.

It may have taken an extra hour, but it's good to see WWE finally expanding the wrestlers character with these clips. It would be good if they did a few more featuring a Ziggler/Kofi though.

No idea what they'll do with Ryback. If he's having a match with Punk, pre-HIAC, then it would be cool if they pinched that Triple H/Jericho finish from Raw in 2000, when everybody though Jericho won only for the ref to reverse the decision; Punk keeps his belt then and Ryback doesn't lose much steam (not that he has a lot of it). Part of me was thinking they may set up a Lesnar match with Ryback.

• Paid Members
It's a shame the excellent Kane/Bryan stuff was ruined by the fans, #TeamHellNo indeed. Kane and Bryan have a sweet spot at the moment, it looks like both are having a great time doing this too.

I had a moment of clarity where Hell No actually made sense, what given Kane's Hell association and D-Bry's 'No' mantra. Once I figured that out I was fine with it. Albeit embarrassed it took me 7 hours to do so.

No idea what they'll do with Ryback. If he's having a match with Punk, pre-HIAC, then it would be cool if they pinched that Triple H/Jericho finish from Raw in 2000, when everybody though Jericho won only for the ref to reverse the decision; Punk keeps his belt then and Ryback doesn't lose much steam (not that he has a lot of it). Part of me was thinking they may set up a Lesnar match with Ryback.

I don't think Ryback can Lionsault...but will lose my shit if he does!!

• Paid Members

I had a moment of clarity where Hell No actually made sense, what given Kane's Hell association and D-Bry's 'No' mantra. Once I figured that out I was fine with it. Albeit embarrassed it took me 7 hours to do so.

I get what they went for, it just isn't very good. Team Friendship was a winner.

Good episode, don't think there was one bad segment, as mentioned it's good the Divas have a little storyline going on plus Kaitlyn looked tidy as fuck for the first time in ages

Interested to see what happens with Punk/Ryback, hopefully we'll get some quality promo's from Punk until Ryback comes down wanting to smash fuck out of him

The Smackdown six man looks so small time compared to the rest of the show, I know they've three hours to pad out but putting Sheamus in a never ending cycle of pointless tag matches won't do anything for him, even if he does win them all

Glad to see AJ going back to the imbalanced character with the great arse rather than the power suit wearing shithouse she's been the last few months

Big Show coming out just to punch Tensia and Brodus was just pointless, Show hasnt been on tv for a few weeks so he decides to walk down and punch to guys for no reason, even Cole didnt say much about it.

Its minor but its the kinda thing that bugs me, like when he battered Ryder, Santino, Kofi etc at the same time its just a waste, Show is over and people know what he can do and is about so why damage two or more guys to make him look strong when its not needed.

I wouldnt mind Punk vs Foley in the Cell if they were to go there.

• Paid Members

Because Tensai and Brodus Clay are both beyond shit so it couldn't really damage them much more.

Enjoyed the show but thought the opening segment felt a bit weird. What was with Heyman pulling out an eyemask for a close up that had the NFL badge on it, shameless product placement? The whole proposal thing was daft too, just unnecessary.

Punk's performing well in this heel run, I predict he'll hold the belt until RR then Rocky will swoop in and win it, shitting all over the rest of the roster in the process but hey, anything to get buys for a few PPVs, eh?

Archived