Raw 24/09/12

Allstar69

Really enjoyed Raw. Its funny how the talk on here has been bout the next "Man" Could be a good match and a test to see if he can do it. Liked the new tag team of Rhodes and Sandow (sp) but the name is a bit shite like Rhodes Scholars. What did everyone else think

Edit: That a bit shite havent really said much on second thoughts things I liked Ziggler vs Kofi even thou they always wrestled each other on smackdown.

The Kane Bryan skits were good. How come the skits are better quality pictures then the actually show not that its a bad thing.

Ryback vs Miz was ok didnt like the fact the Miz lost Ive been enjoying him being back.

I dont really do post like this its probs the longest thing i posted on here sorry if its shite

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Last night's Raw was certainly one of the better ones since it made the change to 3 hours. The show was, on a whole, pretty entertaining stuff.

- I enjoyed the referee stuff. I always like it when the heel obtains video evidence which solidly proves that he has a genuine grievance while being as obnoxious about it as possible, and this is role where Paul Heyman excels. The segment got an extra thumbs up for me simply because Punk was wearing a Cro-Mags shirt. It's not often you see band shirts and such on WWE tv, and so I always get a kick out of it if one pops up. AJ was good here too. I liked how she was originally all nicey-nice to the ref but after Punk had wound her up, she was a lot more of a bitch to him backstage, playing on the whole "mentally unstable" thing.

-Ziggler vs Kingston was alright. The most memorable part was the Vickie - Little Jimmy interaction though. Nice to see Dolph pick up a victory, over one of the former tag-champs no less.

-The Kane/Bryan stuff was a hoot as ever. Line of the show was undoubtedly "this is Gerald....our friendly waiter!" This is the second time I can recall WWE doing the "When Harry Met Sally" routine, though a little bit more of me always dies whenever Mae Young appears on screen. Guess I'll just never be able to fully forget Royal Rumble 2000....

-Darren Young and Titus O'Neil got another convincing win. I'm personally not really a fan of these guys but it's still nice to see a team getting built up.

-I loved Mick Foley and CM Punk's promo. Mick did a tremendous job and really managed to put over the Hell in the Cell as something barbaric and dangerous after a few years of fairly tame matches.

-Surprised to see The Miz get squashed by Ryback. Maybe the Awesome one is in the doghouse again.

-Barrett and Kidd was a decent enough wee TV match though personally I wish the result had gone the other way simply selfishly because I much prefer Tyson to Barrett.

-Ricardo Rodriguez is a bit good isn't he? Consistently one of my favourite characters on the show. He has brilliant comic timing and is great at getting the crap beaten out of him. He was certainly the highlight of the 6 man tag, bumbling about like an idiot. Also noticed Sin Cara's mask slipping off on camera which I guess can't have pleased to many backstage. "Even his mask botches dohohoho".

-Amazing to see the King back on TV. You could tell how genuinely thrilled Cole was to introduce him again and Lawler looked visibly moved as he watched the whole arena chanting his name. Very heartwarming (pardon the pun) segment.

-The divas are still very much an afterthought on TV but it's nice to see WWE at least attempting to give them a proper storyline.

-The prospect of a Big Show/Brodus Clay programme couldn't really fill me with any less enthusiasm.

-Pretty average closing segment with Punk and Cena. I thought it was interesting that the live audience didn't see what transpired backstage with Punk and Foley and then Ryback, which is apparently why there was no audible crowd reaction. Ryback going into a wee feud with Punk while Cena recovers seems a stange choice - Punk needs to be kept strong going into the continuation of the Cena feud and a possible feud with the Rock in future, while Ryback can't take a big loss at this stage just as he's beginning to attack guys others than jobbers.

But overall this was one of the better Raws of recent weeks.

Excellent show, considering very little of note actually happened.

CM Punk was the absolute pits in the months leading up to RAW 1000, everything about him left me feeling cold, but since his turn he has been a world class heel. Not since 1998 The Rock have I enjoyed watching a heel so much, the guy has been a sensation. As an aside, Punk mentioned that last night was 309, tomorrow's going to be 310 and the day after that is 311. I was hoping he'd mention how long it would be next monday.

Hell No again was a riot and stole the show, nice to see them get some decent competition too. Sandow continues to deliver on the mic, he always nails it and him and Rhodes seem a good fit.

The PTP just aren't ready for the big time in my book. The horrible episode last week aside everything they do looks sloppy. Titus has potential as a singles guy but Young brings nothing to the table.

Was bemused that they wrapped up the Mix/Ryback fued so early and was even more staggered to see him pick up such a big win so easily, but things made more sense towards the end of the show. Crowd were a little cool towards Ryback but he looked like the real deal in the segment at the end, I think that was excellently done.

Kaitlyn actually looked hot tonight and she was pretty assured on the mic, good to see the divas get something to work with.

I have to second the love for Rodriguez above, the guy sells everything brilliantly and he's got his little role down to a T. It's a great example of somebody being thrown a bone and working it to it's full potential. A lot of people would fade in that position but he's really shining and deserves a lot of credit for standing out.

Cena looked like he didn't want to be there, couldn't have looked any less arsed which is understandable. The pipe thing was shit.

Hopefully they'll do something with Maddox, my hunch is a ref turned superstar angle as he has a decent look.

Team Hell No and Team Rhodes Scholer are two of the worst tag teams names ever.

Absolutely ridiculous names. Rhodes and Sandow are wasted in the tag division at the moment. There is enough credible teams out there deserving of more spotlight and these two should be doing bigger things in the singles ranks.

Kane and Bryan are certainly entertaining though. I see no reason why Bryan can't be "The Man".

I'm fairly certain WWE weren't expecting Team Hell No to be decided as the name. They're absolute idiots if that was the plan, it's terrible, while Team Friendship is brilliant. I suppose that's what you get if you leave it to Twitter to decide, where the majority of people will be retards who were probably wetting themselves over the idea that the word "Hell" would be used on a PG~ show. Rhodes Scholars is even worse.

It was definitely one of the better episodes of late though. There was still a lot of filler, Ziggler/Kofi, PTP/whoever and the six-man were all fast-forwarded, but there was some good stuff. I liked Punk as a face, but it was obvious throughout this episode that he's infinitely better as a heel. AJ can still go and do one.

It'll be interesting to see where they go with The Ryback now. Miz is truly fucked.

It was definitely one of the better episodes of late though. There was still a lot of filler, Ziggler/Kofi, PTP/whoever and the six-man were all fast-forwarded, but there was some good stuff. I liked Punk as a face, but it was obvious throughout this episode that he's infinitely better as a heel. AJ can still go and do one.

Missing out by FFing that one. I know they've had tons of matches, but this was an excellent TV match. Of note was Kofi's incredible athleticism by doing a big somersault plancha and landing perfectly on his feet. Great near falls and drama all the way, they also went a way towards establishing Kofi's SOS move- sort of like a flipping STO- as a finisher of sorts. By far the best wrestling on the show.

It'll be interesting to see where they go with The Ryback now. Miz is truly fucked.

I'd agree if it wasn't for the final segment. Ryback mowed through Miz easily, but it appears that they're fast-tracking Ryback to main events while Cena's injured. Works for me, I still think Ryback is fairly limited, but he's getting very over and Punk could carry him to a few above average matches.

The overall show was good, helped that I watched live and spoiler free. Kane and Bryan are great and the highlight for me was Kane's description of harming the cook, and when Dr. Shelby asked, "You're not serious, are you Kane?" "I'm not Kane, I'm Gerald." Team Hell No is a dire name, WWE really underestimated the appeal of minor curse words to the WWE Universe.

Mick Foley in a meaningful segment, and he delivers big time. Great content and intensity.

Sin Cara appears to be improving under the tutelage of Rey, and Rey, in timely fashion, may have fucked his knee up again. :/

I enjoyed this Raw, it wasn't fantastic, but everything was decent and nothing was terrible.

Archived