Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Just caught lucha underground for the first time. Probably the best wrestling TV show I have seen for ages. Only thing I don't like is the crowd. Are they the same for season 2?

What's wrong with the crowd? I think most the crowd noise is piped in anyway.

Just seems really fake, piped in at points, crushingly silent in others

• Paid Members

Someone tweeted this to Meltzer yesterday after he complimented a Scurll match. 

I've heard Marty Scurll's name - but couldn't pick him out of a line-up. Apparently this is him. Is he really doing a McGregor gimmick? That's a bit weak, isn't it? Or am I missing something?

Scurll.jpg

• Paid Members

R-Truth needs to run into the main event of WrestleMania and throw the champion out of the ring, thinking it's the Royal Rumble. Give him pyro and everything.

R-Truth needs to run into the main event of WrestleMania and throw the champion out of the ring, thinking it's the Royal Rumble. Give him pyro and everything.

Or come out the night after Mania on Raw, win a match, and point to the sign that is no longer there.

I love both of these ideas, although is the sign for next year's Mania not usually up the night after Mania? Maybe he should clear the ring at Money In The Bank by throwing everybody out over the top rope then, as he's celebrating, see the briefcase hanging above him?

• Paid Members

Someone tweeted this to Meltzer yesterday after he complimented a Scurll match. 

I've heard Marty Scurll's name - but couldn't pick him out of a line-up. Apparently this is him. Is he really doing a McGregor gimmick? That's a bit weak, isn't it? Or am I missing something?

Scurll.jpg

As usual, you're missing something. This isn't a gimmick, it's just a guy wearing nice clothes and having his photo taken. His "gimmick" is The Villain, and he wears a lovely fur coat and carries an umbrella to the ring. It works.

And not knowing who one of the top UK guys is, in 2016 with so much stuff so freely available, is pretty unforgivable. Maybe stick to watching MMA or whatever.

• Paid Members

I do stick to watching MMA. Which amazingly, is why I asked the question about who he was. You never miss an opportunity to be your pissy self though. Is there some obligation to be up to speed on British wrestling? I missed the memo.

I follow Meltzer on Twitter. He complimented a Scurll vs Osprey match (I think), and someone replied with that picture that looks like a poor-man's McGregor. Sorry if I annoyed you by looking for clarification on it. Dickhead.

• Paid Members

I do stick to watching MMA. Which amazingly, is why I asked the question about who he was. You never miss an opportunity to be your pissy self though. Is there some obligation to be up to speed on British wrestling? I missed the memo.

I follow Meltzer on Twitter. He complimented a Scurll vs Osprey match (I think), and someone replied with that picture that looks like a poor-man's McGregor. Sorry if I annoyed you by looking for clarification on it. Dickhead.

No, you posted a picture of Marty Scurll, stated you "couldn't pick him out of a line-up" - well done you - and that "apparently this is him" - when you know full well it is him, and then asked a leading question which 2 minutes of clicking could prove wrong. No-one's doing a McGregor gimmick because wrestling fans don't know who he is, or if they do they don't care because it's a different sport.

I may have been my usual pissy self, but I'm not alone in being consistent: you never fail to be shit about anything you don't know about.

• Paid Members

Fuck's sake.

I don't know who he is - he's dressing & styling himself after the biggest star in MMA - someone who wrestling fans DO know. I just asked for some background on the photo - i.e. is that his gimmick? It's possible to answer that question without being a cunt, or implying I should know who he is because of reasons you never explained.

"you never fail to be shit about anything you don't know about."

Yes, I should be really good at stuff I don't know about. We all should, really. Don't ask questions if you lack knowledge on something - just "be" good at it instead. Great advice. So next time I don't know the answer to a wrestling-related question, instead of asking on a wrestling forum (which is just a fucking mental thing to do, obviously!), I'll just "be" good at knowing the answer, and it'll come to me. Thanks. Sound.

cunt.jpg

Edited by herbie747

• Paid Members

Avoiding the ICW thread till I've seen all of the Square Go, but had to mention a line from Billy Kirkwood on commentary who was so angry at a villain's actions that he said "I hope he spunks centipedes for the rest of his life."

Fuck's sake.

I don't know who he is - he's dressing & styling himself after the biggest star in MMA - someone who wrestling fans DO know. I just asked for some background on the photo - i.e. is that his gimmick? It's possible to answer that question without being a cunt, or implying I should know who he is because of reasons you never explained.

"you never fail to be shit about anything you don't know about."

Yes, I should be really good at stuff I don't know about. We all should really. Don't ask questions if you lack knowledge on something - just "be" good it instead. Great advice. So next time I don't know the answer to a wrestling-related question, instead of asking on a wrestling forum (which is just a fucking mental thing to do, obviously!), I'll just "be" good at knowing the answer, and it'll come to me. Thanks. Sound.

This reminds of when I've been watching quiz shows on TV or playing Trivial Pursuit or something, I won't know the answer, and someone will ask 'how do you not know that?!'  

Because I don't.  That's why.  I have quite a bit of knowledge, but that happens to be a gap in it.  Titface.

• Paid Members

Marty Scurll made a shocking transformation in the last few years. The Party Marty gimmick was so generic and his look wasnt stand out at all. This, though. Cant fault a guy for stepping out of the comfort zone and getting a totally new approach to his while character. He could have easily farted about for years living off the little "I was on Take Me Out and TNA" fame. But he's at the top of his game. Great to see.

• Paid Members

Marty Scurll made a shocking transformation in the last few years. The Party Marty gimmick was so generic and his look wasnt stand out at all. This, though. Cant fault a guy for stepping out of the comfort zone and getting a totally new approach to his while character. He could have easily farted about for years living off the little "I was on Take Me Out and TNA" fame. But he's at the top of his game. Great to see.

Sounds like he's done well - fair play to him. But apparently it's a crime if you don't know who he is. And certainly don't ask about him - that's a huge no-no. We shun the quest for knowledge around here.

• Paid Members

Let it go Herbie. Echo the love for Scurll, he was always good but something just wasn't right under his previous character. The weird blinking entrance thing etc came off a bit small time on British Boot Camp.

He's got such a presence about him now though, comes across like a star and his recent matches with Will Ospreay have had as big a match feel as any you'll see on these shores. He might be the best in the country right now.