Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

I know he wasn't on one of the early Smackdown games as he'd buggered off for a bit.  Don't know which one though.

Smackdown 2. Game was released at the end of 2000 while Show was in OVW. He returned at the '01 Rumble

He wasn't in No Mercy for N64 either. Wasn't this around the time WWF removed him from the roster because he was too fat and they told him he needed to lose weight? Only for him to return at the 2001 Rumble even fatter than before. Or have I made all that up?

• Paid Members
I think they'd wanted to get him away from the chokeslam as a finisher for a while (for some unknown reason, I've always thought it was a great move for him but guess maybe they wanted it more associated with the Brothers of Destruction?) as he'd trialled a couple of others before departing e.g. the "Final Cut", aka "Nightmare on Helms Street" or whatever it was called when he was The Hurricane

Hurricane called it The Eye Of The Hurricane after the gimmick change. Wasn't Big Show using the legdrop variant though?

I think they were also trying to get the "Alley-Oop" / reverse powerbomb established for a bit too? At least he pulled one out at Invasion and they acted like it was a big deal.

• Paid Members

The Final Cut was slightly different in that he'd pick up the opponent body-slam style and sort of half-drop them to their feet to get them to the reverse DDT position, whereas Helms would just grab them into it.

I remember the Alley-Oop, the Hog Lock (but he never used it as a finish), and that Cobra Clutch backbreaker he used in ECW. Really don't know why they wanted him to get away from the chokeslam so much - it's perfect for a giant.

I know the WMD is over, but I really don't like it, mainly because he could just do it at any time. I can't buy into this bollocks that he needs to "lock in" or whatever - it's a fucking punch, FFS.

Think thats why he stopped doing the'show stopper'chokeslam, but Big Show doesn't fall on his knees for normal chokeslams does he? (tend to fast forward whenever he's on TV these days.)

Incredible that Vince was paying show a million a year to faff about in tag teams with Billy Gunn and Spike Dudley. He must have been choking on his own rage!

• Paid Members

I thought I was done with wrestling. I hadn't watched a show in over a year, and every time I tried I just couldn't stick.

Turns out, I just hadn't watched NXT.

Ignorantly, I thought it was some indie cobblers that wouldn't interest me but fucking hell, it's a proper wrestling show.

Abysmally late to the party, but I'm enjoying wrestling again. It's a beautiful feeling.

Also, it's really strange watching a show full of over wrestlers.

Late to the party? You've turned up just to do the cleaning up.

• Paid Members

Think thats why he stopped doing the'show stopper'chokeslam

Video game references FTW. The "Show Stopper" was definitely in Big Show's "move set."