Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Awesome Truth were great, but a bit miscast as dangerous terrorists. Am I remembering it wrong that the entire roster (bar the top few babyfaces) quit one night because Triple H wasn't doing enough to keep them safe from Awesome Truth?

Basically. The night after Hell In A Cell 2011 a load of them walked off because of an "unsafe working environment" seemingly motivated by the attack from the then-"fired" Awesome Truth during the previous night's main event. The next week's show started with Hunter being supported by those top babyfaces, John Cena, CM Punk and ummm... Sheamus. Said segment involved Sheamus referring to the rest of the roster as "losers" and Punk likenining them to hippies having a picnic and "grilling tofu dogs." What a PIPEBOMB~!

Rude was great, Him, Martel and Perfect were unbelievable in the late 80s early 90s.

Out of interest, who did you like then? I mean i was a Hogan and Savage fan, but i still realised how great Rude was.

I liked hogan and warrior first as a child but within a year I was a bret hart fan and knew how good he was at 9 yrs old. But rick rude appreciation has come with age.

• Paid Members

Just something I looked into out of interest. This isn't a Holy fuck, attitude era post but there is a clear spike. This is the number of World title changes WWE and WCW did on free TV down the years. I was interested to see how the Monday Night Wars changed this stuff. While it did slightly at first, Hogan's monster run and WWF's reasonable discipline in not hot-shotting everything in 97/98 did hold it off somewhat. This does not include vacations but does include crowning of champs winning vacated titles. i.e. it doesn't include Edge vacating the title injured but does include Khali subsequently winning the belt in the Battle Royal.

This is also further evidence that the title belt is just a prop and giving away title changes and lots of them will not harm a company. It's complete coincidence that WCW lost $55m in 2000.

1988 - WWF 1        
1989 - None
1990 - None
1991 - None

1992 - WWF 1
1993 - None
1994 - WCW 1
1995 - None
1996 - WCW 2
1997 - WWF 1, WCW 1
1998 - WWF 2, WCW 2
1999 - WWF 5, WCW 5
2000 - WWF 1, WCW 13

2001 - WWF 1, WCW 4 (3 on WWF TV)
2002 - None
2003 - WWE 1    
2004 - None
2005 - None

2006 - WWE 1    
2007 - WWE World 2 (1 MITB)
2008 - WWE World 2 (1 MITB)
2009 - WWE 1
2010 - WWE 1 (MITB), WWE World 1 (MITB)
2011 - WWE 2, WWE World 3
2012 - None
2013 - WWE World 2 (1 MITB)
2014 - None
2015 - None

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I never understood why spanners got so upset about the "belts are props" line. The ring in the Lord of the Rings films was a prop as well. Most MacGuffins are.

It's not the line. It's technically correct. It's that he is actually fucking stupid enough to believe that the belts don't matter. 

I'm not in favour of really long title reigns, I'd be happy for Rollins to drop it any day you want, but you have to balance the excitment of a title change with the thrill of the chase. He was always too thick to get that. And to realise that if something happens all the tim it stops being exciting and surprising.

• Paid Members

Due to reading about his latest health scare on PWINSIDER I've just been reading up on Kris Travis and what he's been through over the last couple of years. If this guys not an Insperation I don't know what is. Hope all goes ok for him, the guy is incredible.

• Paid Members

I'm happy for the UK guys getting a payday (although it is Jarrett so you never know) but am I the only one who thinks that the GFW "tour" is the worst kind of show? The UK scene is so healthy right now and to have these shitnicks coming over and leeching off it is horrible.

Although I'm guessing that most people who go to that show will be the foam finger brigade so what do I know?

• Paid Members

Magnus (doesn't count as a Brit anymore in my book) and Mickie James, too. I guess it might just be me but it just screams "well, TNA (weirdly) still have a UK following so let's leech off that, and book some of those hot UK guys too"

Watched total divas for the 1st time ever the other night. Was quite shocked at how adult it is really. WWE has become so watered down in the last decade but it's seemingly fine to swear like sailors and talk about sex. Do the extras actually get paid on shite like this I wonder?

Edited by Loligan