Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Titus isn't a great wrestler but we've got loads of blokes who are great wrestlers having great matches every week but no one gives a fuck and they don't mean jack shit. I don't know exactly what role they should have Titus in but he should be all over TV. The guy is oozing charisma and is genuinely entertaining on the microphone, in backstage segments and on commentary. He would probably have been a better fit in New Day than Xavier Woods. They would be alot more fun to watch that's for sure.

On a side note, Xavier Woods is fucking shit. Worst guy on the roster by far.

Do yourself a favour and go watch today's MainEvent. The 6 man tag main event between New Day vs. Cesaro / Rose / Kidd was a right little cracker.

Plus has a fun match between Rusev and Justin Gabriel which I really enjoyed for some reason.

That 6 man was a well worked match by everyone involved. Why couldn't this match happen on Raw?? The Rusev/Gabriel match wasn't that much in my opinion. Plus Gabriel's new skeleton ring wear looks crapME_120_Photo_12-586426185.jpg

So I'm watching an old episode of Raw (Really Awesome Wrestling) from 1993 and enjoying the main event between Mr.Perfect and Rick Martel, they go into a commercial break and when it comes back on Mr.Perfect's music is playing and he won in the adverts!! Bloody hell! I was thinking it might have been a way to get people to download the WWE app but old on, the app didn't come out for another 20 years. I can't recall this happening before except for when Cesaro beat Kingston last year.

Edited by MichaelMush

• Paid Members

I've been torrenting the 1994 run of WWF. I'm watching Superstars, Challenge and Raw. Well Davey Boy Smith returned at SummerSlam, as we know. But his first match back was on Superstars against a jobber. Bulldog might have got the biggest pop of anyone in 1994. They went mental. And they gave him pyro. Fucking red rockets shot out as he walked to the ring. In 1994! It looked like they had their fingers crossed that Davey Boy was going to be the suviour of the company or something. Vince (I swear) even gave him a mutual thumbs up as he was on his way to the ring. It was quite odd. Red rockets and a thumbs up from Vince is like Motorhead playing you to the ring at WrestleMania back in 1994.

They then gave out details for a house show they were doing. Abe Schwartz vs the 123 Kid, IRS vs Duke Droese and Bret Hart vs Jim Neidhart are the main matches. I mean, Christ. Vince McMahon even said "you could be looking at the next World Wrestling Federation Champion!" as Neidhart had a jobber in the camel clutch.

Jerry Lawler on these things is unbelievable. Heenan like in his wit and delivery. His oneliners are tremendous. "Burt Reynolds movies are about as memorable as Whistler's Father" was my favourite. Judging by how Heenan was in 1994 and Lawler was in 1994, the King is well ahead of him. I know the vintage Jerry Lawler on commentary for most is from 1997-2000, but he's excellent here.

Another thought I have, I'm surprised they haven't had Shawn Michaels do a Heartbreak Hotel segment on Raw since he retired. Those are great.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay