Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
Did Sunny go through with those pics in bed with fans? Have any surfaced online yet?

I believe the hotel where the convention is happening forced them to cancel it, as they saw it as being not too far off prostitution.

Hahaha, should have hosted it in a brothel

Heenan must easily be the biggest drawing manager of all time so I'd say he's greatest, though for some reason when I was a kid I always thought his wrestlers weren't as good as Jimmy Hart's, probably because Honky had the IC title in every video I was bought as well as seemingly every Tag Title match ending with someone getting twatted with the megaphone

• Paid Members
Doesn't bother me in the slightest, Heenan's character always thought the worst of Hogan's. If anything, to not bring up the possibility would have telegraphed that something was up.

Never seen the problem with it either. Dusty Rhodes' shock at Heenan's question puts it over more if anything.

It had little to do with telegraphing the outcome. They were angry that Heenan was trying to get himself over by doing the whole "I told you so" bit.

Any telegraphing was just a good guess by Heenan that Hogan was coming out to be the third man. Bischoff says in his book he made a point of not telling the commentators what was going to happen because he wanted genuine spontaneous reaction.

So when I eventually watched the match in its entirety, hearing it is horrific for how spoilery it is.

At the time, when swerve turns weren't as common as they would become and it was unthinkable that Hulk Hogan would turn heel, in the moment Hogan comes down the aisle and The Brain says his line, you dismiss it as "Heenan's being a twat," (as he ALWAYS tried to make Hogan sound untrustworthy) especially when the Outsiders scarper. That line diminished the effect of "HOLY FUCK! Hulk Hogan's gone bad!" at the time for, I reckon, precisely nobody.

• Paid Members

I thought Paul Bearer was fucking incredible when he went heel in the late 90's. Obviously fairly short-lived so can't be considered in the same bracket as Heenan really and perhaps Heyman now. But fuck, was he good as the fat man who told the truth.

- What's going on with that pic above? They all look like cardboard cut-outs.

Edited by ShortOrderCook

I've gone with Bobby Heenan as number for one years and years... just think that during Paul's latest run he has been immense.

Add that to his previous body of work and I think he's now taken the lead.

I still rate Bobby, of course, and he's still number one colour guy by a long way. Only Paul could have him beat right now as manager.

Loved the Dangerous Alliance, his early 00's stuff with Baroque Lesnar, and his recent run as mentioned.

I've not seen any of Bobby with Bockwinkle as that's a bit before my time so maybe I could review my opinion if I saw some of that. His stuff with Perfect, Andre, Haku & Barbarian I love.

His calling of the Rumble '92 makes it the best ever but he weren't a manager there. But fuck it, why not bring it up eh!

Paul maybe makes it as #2 colour guy, dunno. His promo work when needed in ECW was not too shabby either (from the little I've seen).

EDIT - Been re-watching Superstars from 91 lately. Bearer's first few appearances are wierd in the lake of the "ooooh yes" in them... but, shit, I struggle with Brother Love.

Edited by aaron

• Paid Members

No manager will ever match Heenan during the build to WrestleMania III. And Heenan's run in the AWA and the WWF is on a totally different stratosphere compared to any other managerial run. There's Heenan and a huge gap between second for me. Of course its all opinions, so each to his own. But Heenan in 87 was ridiculous. He wrote the book on it.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay