Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

She's on Humelin and something called Byeta. Byeta is like a pen that she injects herself with. Whole bunch of heart tablets too.

P.S. You can still get Tramadol, if it was on your repeat prescription before the rule changes. You need to ask for it though, "special request", I think.

They might be a bit suspect on asking for Tramadol as the reason its been rescheduled is was becoming more popularly being abused for a "high". Prescribers will still prescribe it but a lot less frequently. I imagine the issue is with the Byetta and I can almost guarantee the reason your pharmacy never have it is due to cost. They won't stock it at all and will only order it when they receive a prescription. The only was around that is to ask the GP too give you an extra weeks supply keep to see you over this gap ask around your local pharmacy till you find one that actually is willing to stock it.

I noticed today that the more colour coordinated DX got, the worse they were.

With X-Pac in red, HHH and Gunn picking any colours they liked, and Road Dogg wearing whatever he found in a bin back in 98, they were on top of the world. Whereas by the time they all sported consistent neon green and black by late 99 as heels, they were right set of boring cunts. Even Tori got in on the act. And she was just the worst. The pitiful remains by mid-2000 were rotten.

A rare case where matching gear actually represented a group/team getting worse.

• Paid Members

I've been watching that era of WWF recently funnily enough. Latter day DX was the oddest group ever. For some reason, when Billy Gunn got injured they just pretended X-Pac and Road Dogg were the ones who had won all those tag titles together over the years. JR going "maybe the greatest tag team in the history of the WWF, Road Dogg and X-Pac."

When Billy Gunn came back from his injury, he got a Stone Cold Stunner for his troubles. Like the first appearance from a 10 month injury. Poor sod. Austin was really boring in late 2000. Everything he did seemed to be the same every week.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

That Billy Gunn comeback was a heartbreaker for me. I totally bought into the weekly JR hype of how he was the next big thing, so spent his entire recovery time anticipating him to be either the hit and run driver, or the next babyface worldbeater. The sharks at the top of the card back then had gobbled him up before his gammy arm had even healed.

IIRC, that stunner was basically a big 'it's not Billy Gunn, fuck that, mate!' segment, wasn't it? Austin well and truly ruined WWF in 2000, for sure.

I didn't mind Austin when he returned in 2000 it was Austin heel in 2001 I couldn't stand. It was because of that heel turn "What?" was created and to this day it still ruins in ring promos.  When they turned Austin into that jealous paranoid weirdo it just looked fucking stupid. Could never take the Stone Cold character serious anymore after that.

• Paid Members

IIRC, that stunner was basically a big 'it's not Billy Gunn, fuck that, mate!' segment, wasn't it? Austin well and truly ruined WWF in 2000, for sure.

Austin's words were "I believe you didnt run me over, but I never liked you anyway." Its pretty bad. Another Billy related thing was, the RTC demanded a match with him where if he lost he'd have to give up the Mr Ass gimmick. So when Billy Gunn turns up for the match, he'd already had his hair cut! It was like "I wonder who's winning this then?" He totally telegraphed the finish by getting his new look before he lost the old one. Daft shite.

Honestly, the WWF in early 2000 might have been the best wrestling ever. There was a 4 or 5 month stretch from January onwards where everything seemed to be amazing.

• Paid Members

Nah, 'Mania 16 is a good show, it's just standards were so high during that spell Ian is on about that anything dipping to just a good show, rather than a classic, made things seem worse. 16 lacked a brilliant main event is all.

Backlash 2000 is still their best B show. Everything seemed to click that night.

I'd say Austin was paranoid enough when he returned in 2000. Rock had taken the top face spot, and Triple H had wrangled himself all the political power. Taker was only back as a new face too. Story line was shite though, weeks of Foley and Austin questioning people only for the big reveal to be fucking Rikishi of all people.

• Paid Members

Rock had taken the top face spot, and Triple H had wrangled himself all the political power.

Because Triple H wouldn't have been top heel opposite The Rock if he wasn't shagging Steph. It wasn't like he was the best heel in the country at the time or anything.

Another Billy related thing was, the RTC demanded a match with him where if he lost he'd have to give up the Mr Ass gimmick. So when Billy Gunn turns up for the match, he'd already had his hair cut! It was like "I wonder who's winning this then?" He totally telegraphed the finish by getting his new look before he lost the old one. Daft shite.

My favourite one of those moments was when Nash came out for his hair v hair match with Jericho with a fresh canary-yellow dye-job ready for his new hair cut...

knh15.jpg

What a shocking upset victory!!!