Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

With all the discussion about if Roman Reigns is ready for the big push or gonna get booed, I think what will affect his chances on top post Mania are who he feuds with, if he feuds with someone like Big Show or Kane then he may be in trouble.

I'd keep Sheamus off tv til post Mania (dunno if hes due back before anyway) bring him back as a heel with a new look and music etc, maybe make him a hired gun type thing for The Authority (who I imagine will be back by then), he could be the perfect fit against Roman and story wise he 'sold out' to The Authority or he'd get deported as Steph told him.

Unrelated but how far has Kane fallen recently, he was 'just in the ring for his match with no music' the other week on Smackdown and seems to have lost any aura he had left, I know he's probably on his way out and putting others over but what a 'meh' way to end things

He's just come off a long run of working main events with the Authority, which is great for someone who's been around as long as he has.  I personally thought Corporate Kane was a good spot for him.  He was always going to be treading water after that, for a bit at least.

Somehow I don't see him retiring any time soon.  Stone Cold was saying that he asked to be put back on the road this year after semi-retiring, as he missed it.  He can still work a good match and seems happy to put over whoever, whenever.  A great asset.

I agree he's a great asset but I also agree with Cutting Edge. It's a shame to see him in such a mediocre position at the moment. Pissing about with Adam Rose. Unfortunately the booking of Kane has always being really inconsistent. Until someone comes up with an idea for him and they suddenly need to make him a monster again, they're lost.

He's a useful hand so what they should be doing currently is rebuilding him from the loss to Ryback so that he's established again as a solid second tier heel. That way he'll have some value when they want him to put over a Ziggler or Ambrose.

Also, given that the Royal Rumble is around the corner and he's well established as a threat in the Rumbles, they should be rebuilding him quick smart as a threat to Reigns and Show in the Rumble match.

Tried Watching Raw from episode 1. Got to episode 5 before jacking the idea in.

I'm doing the same thing. i just finished the episode where Hogan comes back to announce he's going to help Brutus take on Money INC, which I think was episode 6. 

Edited by MichaelMush

I know, he's so annoying but he was only there until April 1993. Vince and Savage ignore him most of time. The episode was alright had Bam Bam squash a young Scotty 2 Hotty, 6 man tag with Michaels and Beverly Brothers vs Nastys and Tatanka and the last match with Skinner vs Taker was cut short because the Hogan segment went too long.

Edited by MichaelMush

Watching a match between Droz and D'Lo Brown from Smackdown special from April 1999 on the WWE Network and I thought if the tragic accident never happened would Droz have stuck around the WWE for sometime or would he have been future endeavoured after say 18 months?

Edited by Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz

The question is what would have happened to D'Lo had this not happened.

I'd love to see how D'Lo's career would've gone. He'd never have made it to the top in that era, but he could well have been a big part of the IC/Euro scene of 2000 and putting out crackers with Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, Angle etc. I think D'Lo might have been a major midcard player up until the WCW buy and then probably got lost in the shuffle.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Tried Watching Raw from episode 1. Got to episode 5 before jacking the idea in.

Yeah, I tried that too. Rob Bartlett drives me insane, so I had to quit about 30 minutes into the first one. Drives me mental that man. First ten minutes he's calling people "orientals" all over the place. Really bad experiment gone wrong there.

D'Lo's career would probably still have bombed. Vince Russo was the only one speaking up for him in the booking meetings and then he left. No protection, so he would be hammered.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

I seem to remember reading a story D'Lo was all set to leave for WCW when Russo did, but someone at the Federation reminded him of a little thing such as his contract.

I don't know when Russo went to WCW, but would explain why D'Lo got shoved in that horrible tag team with one of the Headbangers with Tiger Ali Singh as a manager if true.

Edited by Your Fight Site