Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
The problem I have with the sulking Punk stuf is he's been given great opportunities, but neither he nor his fans ever really seem to acknowledge it. Its irritating bullshit.

His fans think he's Johnny Rotten or some shit. Not some fake wrestler who was given an opportunity by a multimillionaire. He tries to justify everything on that DVD in case anyone judges him. "I've got a bus, but I really don't want one because its not what I believe in", "I get tattoos because it makes me different", "I'm into Rancid because Las Frankenstein is a postcard punk like myself". Its laughable. He's in his mid-30s and still living his life that stereotypical 1980s high school rebel. No wonder he can't draw without the bigger, better looking, megastar on the same show as him.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Am just downloading the CM Punk documentary at the minute, pretty much entirely as a result of the discussions on here. I have to say I personally still find it laughable that The Miz not only headlined Wrestlemania, but also beat John Cena in a world title match. I don't even necessarily disagree that he was the best heel in the company at the time, but I think that partly shows the lack of foresight in building up to Mania that year because the bloke was never in a million years cut out to headline the biggest show of the year. It obviously didn't necessarily help his cause that he was in there with two legitimate superstars whose stature and presence made him stand out like a sore thumb by comparison, but the same would be true if you put him in there with any other real headliner - Miz vs HHH; Miz vs Undertaker; Miz vs Batista. The difference in star quality and believability is striking.

Miz is the worst person ever to be in the real main event of Wrestlemania. When he is a talking head he looks like some geek fan of the street, never had a really great match, never cut a memorable promo, shite look, goofy teeth, shite barnet etc.... i can understand why Punk and others do think he is shite. Just because he done alot of PR work for the WWE it doesnt make him worthy either.

The problem I have with the sulking Punk stuf is he's been given great opportunities, but neither he nor his fans ever really seem to acknowledge it. Its irritating bullshit.

That's it, ultimately. It's one thing for him to be moaning backstage at the time that he should've been ECW champion instead of Morrison (debatable) and headlining WrestleMania over Miz (definitely wrong) but it's another to still be whinging about it on a DVD over a year later, and after you've been handed a million opportunities. Most wrestlers would try not to look like moaning cunts on their DVD. Punk had complete creative control over his and went out of his way to look like one. The thing that stood out on the DVD for me was that CM Punk think he's far better than he is and will never feel that any opportunity, push or treatment is fair to him.

• Moderators

I think a lot of it is a sense of entitlement. Because he had a few overlong dodgy matches with Chris Hero and was in ROH, he feels he should be treated like a well travelled vet who's competed with, and is one of, the best in the world like Harley Race.

I think that like a lot of pushes in wrestling, The Miz' looks dafter in time but absolutely made sense in context. His just happened to come right around the time the Mania push kicked in. He was unquestionably the next top heel in the company when he was carrying round the briefcase, and his character was perfectly placed to be the heel champ going into Mania. He was unlucky to be the guy caught in the middle of the Rock/Cena build up, that's all it is. If it was any other year and he was dropping the belt clean in a send-them-home-happy finish to Cena, there wouldn't be half as much shit flung his way. It's like when R-Truth got his Cena run. If that had have all clicked perfectly in Christmas 2010 instead of May 2011, it might have been him going to Mania instead. Nobody from today's lot (including Punk, Barrett, Jericho, really any well-equipped heel at the time) would have stood a chance in the spot Miz was in. He never really recovered in truth. He'd get there all over again as a face too, I'm sure of it. Up and down the roster, if they really (and proper really) wanted to stick the rocket to any current guy as a next babyface hope just underneath Cena (like they did with Punk), Miz is your guy.

Where was the MITB follow up? I wanted to hear what Punk really felt about the company and his standing since his big moment on PPV with Cena. He didn't make a change, Raw's numbers sank, buyrates plummeted, Punk arguably had a lower status match defending his title against Jericho at that Mania compared to his top-of-the-undercard-feud blowoff with Orton the previous year

That's not really the case though.

From 2006 until 2010 the overall annual buyrates had been steadily dropping anyway. But actually 2011 had more buys overall than the year before, halting that trend. Now, that clearly was nothing to do with Punk - it's down pretty much entirely to two big numbers done for Wrestlemania and Survivor Series thanks to The Rock. If you remove those extra Rock-related numbers, 2011 continued the steady downward trend that had preceded it for five years. Punk had no effect on PPV buys either way really, which makes sense as Cena was still the focus of the shows anyway (or Lesnar/Triple H when they showed up).

The worst two buyrates by a wide margin in 2011 were both main-evented by Cena title matches (Vrs Miz at Over The Limit - 145,000 and Vr ADR at Vengeance - 130,000), while Punk was in tag matches in the middle of each card. One of those events was before Punk won the belt at Money In The Bank and the other was after he's won it (then dropped it again).

Sorry, was more relating that to the "He didn't make a change" start of that sentence. Not saying he was responsible, just saying his big moment in the sun did little-to-nothing to change the gradual decline the company had been in for a long time.

Sorry, was more relating that to the "He didn't make a change" start of that sentence. Not saying he was responsible, just saying his big moment in the sun did little-to-nothing to change the gradual decline the company had been in for a long time.

Yeah, fair enough dude.

Anyone expecting an overnight mega-reaction was disappointed, but buyrates were largely unaffected and he certainly wasn't a negative effect on PPV.

Miz is the worst person ever to be in the real main event of Wrestlemania. When he is a talking head he looks like some geek fan of the street, never had a really great match, never cut a memorable promo, shite look, goofy teeth, shite barnet etc.... i can understand why Punk and others do think he is shite. Just because he done alot of PR work for the WWE it doesnt make him worthy either.

Has Mr. Punk looked in a mirror?

• Paid Members
Yeah, fair enough dude.

Anyone expecting an overnight mega-reaction was disappointed, but buyrates were largely unaffected and he certainly wasn't a negative effect on PPV.

Because his segments generally were met with viewers turning off in their tens to hundreds of thousands. The fact he was always the match before the Divas piss break, says a lot about why buy rates weren't effected during his reign. He had the same effect on pay-per-view buys as Kofi Kingston or Brodus Clay does. If he wasn't on the card, it wouldn't have matter because the name "WWE" and whoever the biggest star on the card (i.e. John Cena) was wrestling is what makes or breaks a PPV. His title reign has been the best example in years of a bloke holding the belt because there was literally nobody else on the card who could hold it.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Yeah, fair enough dude.

Because his segments generally were met with viewers turning off in their tens to hundreds of thousands. The fact he was always the match before the Divas piss break, says a lot about why buy rates weren't effected during his reign. He had the same effect on pay-per-view buys as Kofi Kingston or Brodus Clay does. If he wasn't on the card, it wouldn't have matter because the name "WWE" and whoever the biggest star on the card (i.e. John Cena) was wrestling is what makes or breaks a PPV. His title reign has been the best example in years of a bloke holding the belt because there was literally nobody else on the card who could hold it.

Thanks, I do know all of this already. I did state quite clearly that I also think he has no effect on the PPV buys. He was a mid-card World Champ during much of that time. This argument has been done to death.

I simply took exception to him being blamed for "plummeting buyrates" which didn't actually happen, that's all.

His fans think he's Johnny Rotten or some shit. Not some fake wrestler who was given an opportunity by a multimillionaire. He tries to justify everything on that DVD in case anyone judges him. "I've got a bus, but I really don't want one because its not what I believe in", "I get tattoos because it makes me different", "I'm into Rancid because Las Frankenstein is a postcard punk like myself". Its laughable. He's in his mid-30s and still living his life that stereotypical 1980s high school rebel. No wonder he can't draw without the bigger, better looking, megastar on the same show as him.

You really just go out of your way to be an absolute cunt/the most unlikeable person on here. Other than a few idiots who seem to bum off you (because they are the same sort of cunt as you) everyone here thinks you are an idiot. You have some ridiculous notion that you are the best poster on this forum (which is a shit thing to be proud of.) You ruin every discussion by storming in stating your opinion as fact.

Its a wrestling forum. I like many other people come on here to catch up with whats going on, talk about what we like right now, have liked in the past and what we would like to see. You don't need to turn every other post into an exercise in making yourself look good. Get over yourself and chill out.