Shittest Comebacks

NEWM

I must disagree. Austin and Bischoff were one of the only things about Raw worth watching. Austin was a featured character and took a step back so he didn't outshine anyone. Austin as GM was great. Bischoff and Austin basically created the blue print for feuding GMs which nobody has came close to topping since.

Surely Bischoff and Stephanie had the better feuding gm angle?

Austin Bischoff just seemed to be another rehash of Austin/Vince.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Stephanie and Bischoff wasn't even much of a feud. They seemed to throw insults at each other every now and again and occasionally steal a talent from one another, but that was about it. Austin and Bischoff were like Laural and Hardy for most of it. They'd be pals, they'd be enemies, they'd get one over on each other, they'd be funny and in the end it came down to one of the best Survivor Series matches ever. Shawn Michaels storming through Team Bischoff only for Batista to powerbomb HBK for an Orton pin was awesome. Bisch and Austin were great. I miss them.

• Paid Members
He'd have had a job lining up against Wade, he's been injured since Lesnars return until not long from now. And Sheamus? I know he's the secondary champion and that, but you bring in a Brock Lesnar much the same as when Hogan came back, or the limited singles matches we'll see from The Rock. The Brock Lesnar Collection is for Cena, Tripper, Orton, Undertaker and potentially even Shawn Michaels, or Rock himself.

That's fair enough. Wishful thinking with Wade and I guess the profile and status is more important than a match with the champion and I wanted it be more balanced so not to turn into a UFC fight but with WWE superstars and audience. Suppose many of the paying audience got a good quality main event at Extreme Rules so wasn't bad in that respect. Cheers aaron.

Brian Christopher's 2004 run in WWE didn't exactly set the world on fire either. Did he last more than a fortnight?

Not even a trace of a memory of this? I remember he appeared on Raw in 2010/2011 to have a go at Jerry Lawler but that's it?

I remember this vaguely. Was he involved in the Jericho/Christian/Tomko feud somehow? I do recall he didn't last long enough for them to take a proper photo of him for the WWE.com roster page...

he had matches with kane & christian is all i can remember

• Paid Members
The many, many returns of Marty Jannetty (bar when he won the IC title in 93)

Marty Jannetty's returns have been fine. It's the fact that he gets himself fired so soon each time that's disappointing.

Brian Christopher's 2004 run in WWE didn't exactly set the world on fire either. Did he last more than a fortnight?

Which of Brian's runs did set the world on fire? Even in the super-over Too Cool he was considered the irritating, botchy one.

I'd go for Kevin Nash's last year. After taking out Punk at Summerslam it seemed like it could amount to something pretty entertaining. But he was pretty poor on the Mic and his match with Punk at Night Of Champions was nixed due to Big Kev's health issues. Then he came back with no closure to the CM Punk feud, faced Triple H in a semi-decent match and disappeared again. Underwhelming for me.

Well since Foley has already been mentioned what about Austin in 2003?

His run as co GM on Raw was awful and it was the first time I remember being bored with him. That redneck triathalon is one of the worst things the WWE ever produced, just absolute shite.

His match with Rock at Wrestlemania 19 was good but his run in general was rubbish. All he's done in his appearances since 2003 has been stunning multiple people and then throwing a beer bash. When it's done once or twice a year like it is now it's still enjoyable, having to watch it every week in 2003 was tedious.

Fuck right off. The pie eating contest was class. Especially as Val Venis mentioned in his shoot that Mae Young put a load of mackerel down in her underwear before she went out. Bischoff was fucking gagging.

This is a pie eating contest

• Paid Members

"Superstar" Billy Graham's comeback in 1987.

Tons of vignettes. One match in, he jips his hip and it becomes a career ender. Becomes Don Muraco's manager. Co-commentates at Summerslam 1988 and is not very good. Disappears.

"Superstar" Billy Graham's comeback in 1987.

Tons of vignettes. One match in, he jips his hip and it becomes a career ender. Becomes Don Muraco's manager. Co-commentates at Summerslam 1988 and is not very good. Disappears.

Forgot about this one, it was awful! the guy could barely move!

Scott Steiners return to WWE in 2002 was underwhelming. Good build up then had 2 shite title matches with Hunter then did pretty much nothing for the rest of it bar a feud with Test (although props for getting paired up with Keibler for a while).

Gradnmaster Sexay's comeback in 2004 lasted for precisely 2 weeks with one televised loss to Kane on RAW

Sexay vs Kane

I would add Eugene's second run in WWE which lasted for one match where he showed up on RAW against Miz (who was in a mask and everyone thought was Lance 'Calgary Kid' Storm), he lost and was then fired because Vince thought he was out of shape (he was).

Eugene vs Calgary Kid

Archived