Raw 13/08/12 Discussion

NEWM

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
You did. It made me laugh as it seemed an odd thing to say as there's only been what 3 or 4 of the regular ones. Just me being a dick on wording. I'd have set yet rather than ever.

Carry on.

They've been doing three hour Raws for 7 or 8 years now. There was 35 episodes of the Clash of the Champions. There was 36 episodes of Saturday Nights Main Event. These three hour Raw are always supposed to be big deals. Thats why they went three hours permanently. It wasn't a WWE decision. It was a USA Network decision. It was the lowest one ever during an experiment to see if viewership will rise by having them every week. So "lowest ever" was the correct wording to the point I was making.

I hope the network does make the decision to scrape 3 hour Raws. Nobody new is on the show and nobody new is getting over. Its just longer segments and longer matches than they usually have. The last Raw I watched in full was the 1000th Raw. Give me Billy Gunn every week and I might stick around.

• Paid Members
I loved Heyman at the end of the show just in disbelief constantly repeating "You broke his arm! You broke his arm! You broke his arm!..."

I assumed the idea here was that Heyman was meant to be saying "Oh shit, you weren't meant to do that, now HHH is going to go apeshit on you", but they didn't really make that clear.

I loved Heyman at the end of the show just in disbelief constantly repeating "You broke his arm! You broke his arm! You broke his arm!..."

I assumed the idea here was that Heyman was meant to be saying "Oh shit, you weren't meant to do that, now HHH is going to go apeshit on you", but they didn't really make that clear.

Yeah that's how it came across to me too, I just found it slightly amusing.

Good show, if slightly drawn out. It felt like they were really labouring to extend time at some points. Why not feature some of the talented guys from Superstars more prominently on Raw, or even more SD guys if it's still meant to be a Supershow? Truth vs Slater, Sandow vs Christian and Tensai vs Sin Cara could have had an extra 3 minutes each without killing the future massive PPV draw those matches could be.

The triple threat match was probably the wrestling highlight of Raw. Miz looks more muscular than I remember, roughly the same size as Jericho, and he came across in this match as a legitimate threat, besides the finish. I don't mind the finish as much as others, since Ziggler needs to get over more than Miz right now, and Jericho has to look above Miz so it means more when Ziggler beats him at Summerslam.

As for the pre-match Piper's Pit, Roddy was very off on the mic, constantly talking at the wrong times and generally rambling, but Jericho saved it by being on his game interacting with Dolph and Vickie. Like others have said about Jericho, it's a shame he's leaving right as he gets interesting again, but I'm seeing Fozzy in a few months so it's not all bad.

Everything involving HHH/HBK/Lesnar was well done, it really conveyed that there's a big personal issue at stake, and Shawn advanced it well with his role. To anybody whinging about him being fodder, think about how crystal clear it has been made, particularly by Heyman, that Shawn was the best pro wrestler/entertainer, but Lesnar is a fighter. Brock even ambushed him while he was trapped to give him an out for the beating. Brock's a 265 pound killing machine that was UFC champion, it's totally plausible that he could destroy a 185 pound retired wrestler with a sneak attack.

Anyway, I might have to eat my words and get Summerslam, it's looking like a great card, and the hype for the main matches has hit its apex at the right time.

Yeah that's how it came across to me too, I just found it slightly amusing.

I thought he was meant to be being a Sarcastic fucker.

Decent show I thought

Lesnar/HHH/HBK was nicely done, I loved the whole Kimora spot

Would have prefered Bryan to get the quick pin on Cena but no big deal either way

3way built nicely, Loving Punks slow burn turn they should try to make him a Bret 97 tweener instead of Canada/USA have Kids/Adults as the divide

Each week now people moan about the 3hrs but its the ones that are'nt watching that complain the most, as some have said just fast forward the bits you dont like and if you watch it live dont bother.

No one buying summerslam is a nice sweeping statement

Rating facts again=Yawn

Coming in only to post Ratings Facts is worse than WWE's Did You Know? facts

• Paid Members

I like to know the rating and can't be arsed to go and find it, so cheers Ian.

What I do find a bit pointless is the "Holy shit, that's a low rating" stuff. We know the ratings are shite.

What I'm going to say is equally pointless:

That would have been one hell of a show if they only had 2 hours to fill!

Please stop using Roddy Piper. Please.

• Paid Members

RJ Impact is only going off on one about ratings posting (which I don't care about, for the record) because CM Punk is the champ and likely to be the one that gets it in the neck for the shit rating from all and sundry. He wouldn't be so bothered if Raw had posted a 7.8.

RJ Impact is only going off on one about ratings posting (which I don't care about, for the record) because CM Punk is the champ and likely to be the one that gets it in the neck for the shit rating from all and sundry. He wouldn't be so bothered if Raw had posted a 7.8.

Gladstone by name, Gladstone by nature.

• Paid Members

I like to have a look at the ratings but I don't pay much attention to it as I don't believe it directly correlates to the quality of the shows. If I remember correctly (which I'm probably not) didn't they post some of the worst ratings ever around this time last year and that was some of the best tv they'd done in a few years (Punk's shoot, leaving with the belt etc)

It's a pretty bold statement to make that noone will buy Summer Slam, the card looks quite appealing even if it has been sort of flung together. Typical of the users of this forum to shit all over something before it's even happened.

• Paid Members

Why is the UKFF so arse hurt over people posting the television ratings. I'm honestly amused by it? Especially considering they just went to three hours and bad viewership WILL lead to them being put back to two hours, because they are a public company who actually announces that they are disappointed with the ratings. I know its a new thing to do the whole "oh, you are bitter because you dont like Raw" these days, but it doesn't make it less strange. This is supposed to be a discussion forum not a wank-a-thon where we talk about everything being rosey.

Like Vince said a few weeks ago "if they aren't watching, we aren't putting out something they want to see". He obviously agrees with me.

Since the three hour era has begun I've not managed to watch the whole show. It's becoming too long and drawn out. Too much social network filler.

Archived