Raw 13/08/12 Discussion

NEWM

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Too much social network filler.

It's the same as before.

I think having fans voting on twitter for stuff is a great idea. Imagine if we coulda sat and watched Raw in 1998 and voted for match stipulations and stuff. We'd have wanked all over it.

He's probably Touted 150,000 videos over the past couple of weeks and he's just annoyed none have been put on the show.

Nah, he wouldn't give WWE anything to put on the air without asking for payment.

You'd think HBK would stay away from car parks, by my count that's the third time he's been twatted in one

Decent enough episode, least we've got some people on the undercard that stand out a bit (Slater, PTP)

I agree with anyone who's said how shite Piper was, Jericho defending Ziggler's shirt colour with 'it's a summer colour' was great though

• Paid Members

It was actually an enjoyable enough show but there's still a long way to go, hard to believe Summerslams a few days away. The adverts/recaps are a piss take, they really are insufferable and you shouldn't have to fast forward a good chunk of a Television program to make it watchable.

The Brock/HHH/HBK stuff was great, in particular the stand-off at the end, been a while since we've had such a gripping spot. I hope they go easy on Michaels though, I don't grudge him being there but at the same time I don't want to find myself wishing he'd fuck off. A little bit of people like that go a long way.

I used to reach for the fast forward button when Punk was on, since he's changed course i've actually been able to endure the prick.

I'm just not buying the Big Show. I know he's supposed to be a slow, lumbering oaf but I can't be doing with him putting someone on their arse and standing around for a few minutes like he's waiting for a bus. Like you'd punch somebody in the pus and stand there staring into the crowd like you're having a mong-out. Difficult to swallow.

I like Bryan getting his nose into the title picture even though he's meant to off doing something else, you can't keep a good man down and there's nobody else quite like him at the moment. If they're looking for the next big superstar, they could well have their man. I genuinely think that if they play their cards right he could be one of the all time greats.

Ryback needs to get his eyes sorted. Hard to accept he's a killing machine if it looks like he's about to burst into tears.

Good to see Sandow pick up the win against Christian (who is fast becoming the most boring act on the show btw).

I had to chuckle when Cole said that "this Pipers Pits staring to stink". Good to know that somebody somewhere knows mince when it's served before them. The whole thing was lamentable. Jericho's at least watchable again though.

Overall, decent effort and I think Summerslam could be a belter.

• Paid Members
You do understand I'm not really a no-necked former England fast bowler, don't you?

I know for a fact that Phil DeFreitas is a massive WWE fan.

For some strange reason, that has really made my day.

I can't be fucked with the three-way for the title at Summerslam. I have no interest in it or where Punk's character is going whatsoever.

2.8 was compared to 1997 numbers, but that's 15 years ago. I'm sure that these 2012 ratings would have been larger in 1997 compared to what they are now.

• Paid Members

"Okay, we've only got two Raws left to sell the Lesnar/HHH match. What should we do?"

"How about we have an in-ring segment where Lesnar's manager acknowledges that HHH's best friend is the greatest of all time?"

"that's genius, that! What about the go-home show?"

"Let's do it again!"

Post-retirement Shawn Michaels is awful. He was hilariously bad during that final segment. I have no desire to ever see him on tv again, unless he's taking a long, long, loooong overdue Pedigree.

• Paid Members
"Okay, we've only got two Raws left to sell the Lesnar/HHH match. What should we do?"

"How about we have an in-ring segment where Lesnar's manager acknowledges that HHH's best friend is the greatest of all time?"

"that's genius, that! What about the go-home show?"

"Let's do it again!"

Post-retirement Shawn Michaels is awful. He was hilariously bad during that final segment. I have no desire to ever see him on tv again, unless he's taking a long, long, loooong overdue Pedigree.

Wrestlemania 29. I remember watching an interview when he retired and he said that he wouldn't be one of those guy's who comes back constantly and can't seem to keep away.....yeah, he's definitely stuck to that. He'll cost HHH the match, albeit accidentally and that'll kick-start a feud that will be built very slowly to WM. That's what my money's on.

Archived