On their last legs ...

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
It was those tights that he wore in the Cell with Taker wasn't it Air_Raid? He won but got a serious battering in the process.

Ooooh, no mate. You're getting his white and black (white primary) tights mixed up with his black and white (black primary) tights. The black ones were always lucky for him to my recollection all the way to 1994. He indeed won Hell In A Cell in them, then the WWF title in Montreal, in addition to winning the 1996 Rumble.

Lucky black n white tights :

11.jpeg

Unlucky white n black tights :

300fkw5.jpg

Would that be when Herc was powerbombed by Sid Justice, placing his hands at the back of his head to cushin the blow?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWekYQmfhC0

I remember seeing that as a 10 year old 'everything's still real to me, dammit' kid and wondered why the hell Hercules did that, and why he just got up a walked out after everyone else (practically) hed been stretchered out after Sid's powerbomb.

It's now obvious why we never saw him in WWF again.

• Paid Members
Would that be when Herc was powerbombed by Sid Justice, placing his hands at the back of his head to cushin the blow?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWekYQmfhC0

I remember seeing that as a 10 year old 'everything's still real to me, dammit' kid and wondered why the hell Hercules did that, and why he just got up a walked out after everyone else (practically) hed been stretchered out after Sid's powerbomb.

It's now obvious why we never saw him in WWF again.

Agreed, Brain tells it like it is though doesn't he - 0.23 - 0.25.

shocking

• Paid Members
You're getting his white and black (white primary) tights mixed up with his black and white (black primary) tights.

Ah, that I am. As the gear facts discussion is continuing here, I'll go with it. Brets all pink number was rare for him to wear but seemed to bring good results, the main times I recall him wearing them are taking the IC belt from Piper at 'Mania VIII and the WWF belt from Diesel at Series '95. He wore a short legged version in the Survivors match where the angle with Owen began, but I don't recall him wearing all pink many other times and certainly not post Survivor Serirs '95. Also, is it true that the hearts he had on the legs of his tights, he added one with regard titles being won, much like a star above the badge for a World Cup win or have I made that all up in my head?

• Paid Members

I've just rembered that during the Invasion angle when he was getting the only boos of the WWF roster and the start of Xpac heat, and referencing it on TV a couple of times, Xpac went topless but keeping the long tights and began tying his hair back. He was gone shortly after too I think.

• Paid Members
Brets all pink number was rare for him to wear but seemed to bring good results, the main times I recall him wearing them are taking the IC belt from Piper at 'Mania VIII and the WWF belt from Diesel at Series '95. He wore a short legged version in the Survivors match where the angle with Owen began, but I don't recall him wearing all pink many other times and certainly not post Survivor Serirs '95.

Bret wore the all pink attire (although different to the ones he wore against Piper and Diesel) at least once after 95.

Bret vs Vader from Raw in 1997

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4GV68XSacw

^^ And not just an all pink get-up, he's also got some plain white boots on which I don't recall him wearing ever, before or since this match.

I remember him wearing all pink a few times in the Hart Foundation days, Summerslam 89 vs Arn & Tully for one. And Wrestlemania 9 vs Yokozuna.

He lost all the above though, so maybe they weren't so lucky for him after all.

I've just rembered that during the Invasion angle when he was getting the only boos of the WWF roster and the start of Xpac heat, and referencing it on TV a couple of times, Xpac went topless but keeping the long tights and began tying his hair back. He was gone shortly after too I think.

Yeah, didn't he also go clean shaven around this time? X-Pac didn't look right without the beard to me. Waltman sans facial hair should only be seen in a blue singlet with yellow lightning bolts on it, in my opinion.

On the ring attire subject, Austin jazzing up his knee braces with some colour during his 2001 heel run springs to mind for some reason.

-The-two-Man-Power-Trip---Stone-Cold--Steve-Austin-and--The-Game--HHH_display_image.jpg

12_KOTR_06242001_0053.jpg

Archived