On their last legs ...

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Match with El Gigante was his last in WCW until 1999.

Nah, he was back in 1993 for a bit.

Coincidentally, I actually just watched one of his matches from that period a few hours ago on that utterly brilliant wcwmainevent1991 youtube channel; it was a 6 man w/ Harlem Heat vs Scorpio, Bagwell and Simmons from Saturday Night in the run-in to Fall Brawl '93. He also interfered in the excellent main Sting/Flair main event. He was great.

• Paid Members

Can't quite believe I didn't remember that. Reznor is right.

Paul Roma wrestled his last WCW match against Alex Wright in a strange sort of singlet thing. Starrcade 1994? After that match, he was gone.

Can't quite believe I didn't remember that. Reznor is right.

Paul Roma wrestled his last WCW match against Alex Wright in a strange sort of singlet thing. Starrcade 1994? After that match, he was gone.

I'm sure I have read things about that match too...

Apparently Roma was supposed to "go out there, give the kid 5 good minutes then put him over". Instead Roma beat Alex Wright down for the whole time, cutting off his comebacks and stalling, before letting him get a quick pinfall for the win (but actually kicking out on three, just for the hell of it).

Got backstage, was fired.

Can't blame fans for siding with someone who's taking the piss out of Alex Wright. Very athletic wrestler with good skills but he looked like a massive cunt and the "dancing homosexual German" gimmick was never gonna fly in the good old USA.

Glad someone else found the video, I had a look under "Starrcade" but it seems it wasn't at that event at all! D'oh!

I was watching UK Rampage 92 last night and I completely forgot about Bravo with his dark hair, looked very odd. What was stranger though was the fact that he was laughing the entire way to the ring with members of the front row, while Mustafa was trying his best to pull intimidating gurning facial expressions. There's not much to laugh about Dino when you're about to get squashed by the LOD.

Scott Hall in TNA in 2010 showed up in January and looked in pretty decent shape for him - then he got arrested and showed up at a PPV looking like this:

tna-impact-20100517031052176-000.jpg

I think he was gone within a week of this photo being taken...

Archived