On their last legs ...

IANdrewDiceClay

Loved Finlay rocking that coat. Hero.

Wonder were macho's attires at Mania once off.

Like V Warrior in white or V Flair in gold.

I like how Miz only wears the jacket at ppvs.

I'm tryna think old school here.

Boss Man, Tugboat, Akeem and a host of others I can only remember in 1 outfit.

Wonder if one of them ever busted out something different.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I bet the money he spends for in new outfits isn't even 1% of the money he makes on royalties from action figures and masks he gets from marketing that gear. Warrior was the master of it. He has new action figures being made even now of different suits. He's still selling knee pads for a few grand each.

I like how Miz only wears the jacket at ppvs.

He wore it on Raw this week.

One attire thing that I remember finding weird was Earthquake reverting back to the blue singlet for Battle Royal At The Albert Hall after spending months in the black & red whilst tagging with Typhoon.

And for one-offs, how weird was it to see Undertaker wearing jeans and a dress shirt at Mayhem In Manchester pre-American Badass era?

I think Power Slam said his gear got lost at the airport or something.

• Paid Members

The bushwhackers in 1996. They were let go of but came back for that tag tourny, and then had a few random nowt about matches, this being one of them.

If you look closely, you will notice that they are dressed slightly differently, carrying boomerangs and the more observant among you may spot the GIANT FUCKING KANGAROO!

5033ow.jpg

Bushwhackers

This was the last actual 'run' in the WWF for the whackers, even though we all thought we had managed to get rid of the radged twats in 93.

Giant Gonzales:

Giant-Gonzales.jpg

Firstly, what was going on with the fur? sometimes he presented his hairy patches over the naughtier of his organs, such as his cock and shoulders, but sometimes he had a shave. Makes sense i suppose in a weird WWF fake naked giant kind of way.

gonzales battle royal

From what i know, this was his last TV appearence, a Raw battle royal in which i believe he was the first man out. Fair enough he was jumped by 6 men, but the first man out.. really? This man had feuded and kicked the fuck out of the Undertaker the plan was apparently for him to have a feud with Adam Bomb.

I'm guessing Vince realised he was the biggest pile of shite ever and thought "fuck that, Paul White will be a wrestler in 2 years and then i'll steal him off WCW in 99".

Pat Tanaka

In my opinion the best 'jobber' to have ever worked in the WWF. The express were brilliant, couldn't have given a shit about them in 1990, but in reality, what a brilliant shit team.

He fucked off in 91, came back for a bit, left again, came back in 93 and had a few matches and then wrestled once in 94.

This is one of his last matches in 93 against Doink, who was actually donning some 'bye bye cottons' too.

Now, not only is there a bit at the beginning where he is talking to Yokozuna (champ at the time) and Fuji backstage (what a fucking stable Fuji could have had), WWF slighly slips in some lovely japanese racism in the form of a yokozuna advert. Beautiful

Anyway, check the clothes, black tshirt, black leggings, and black PE trainers... gone were the days of the red pygama bottoms and BARE FEET:

03.jpg

Last legs:

last legs pat

He was bloody class, and still is... check him out earlier this year, apparently bodyguarding for ICP:

Pat_Tanaka_2012.jpg

• Paid Members
The bushwhackers in 1996. They were let go of but came back for that tag tourny, and then had a few random nowt about matches, this being one of them.

I read about this recently in an old Power Slam. The story with that is, the WWF gave them their notice, so WCW opened negotiations with them. So WWF (out of spite) withdrew their notice and brought them back to TV and let them sit out their contracts. All so WCW wouldn't sign them.

So it wasn't just WCW who had useless shite under contract to stop them going to elsewhere. WWF had this pair.

• Paid Members

DiBiase's white tights also showed up at Survivors 92 and SummerSlam 93. All three times he wore them on PPV, he lost. There are multiple weird preoccupations with attire in my head, like the way Hitman wore his all black tights much more often after he turned heel, and the memory I seem to have that Shawn Michaels never lost wearing his "Texas" tights. Having said that, I only remember him wearing them at the Alamo Dome, that triple threat against Bret and Sid in the SkyDome, and the Raw where he and Austin relieved Owen & Smithers of the tag belts.

Bushwhackers circa 1996 had become a terrible self-parody, which is incredible considering their act from the start had been of two complete buffoons. Hongi, indeed.

• Paid Members
He got beat off Ric Flair at Bad Blood 2003 wearing his Texas tights. He wore them a few times in 2003.

Aha, suspected it might have been a false memory. I know why I dont remember Bad Blood, it's because I thought the PPV was rubbish and never watched it again. The Michaels-Flair match I remember being dull and being particularly enraged that Shawn, as good as he had been at the time, getting beaten by the plodding Naitch, who certainly didnt need to win the match for any good reason other than Shawn wanting to lose to his boyhood hero.

Shawn always got a rough time in the white and black tights, didnt he? Manhandled by Vader at International Incident, beaten by Sid at Survivors 96, treated rather disrespectfully by Austin and some cack-handed officiating at King of the Ring '97 and ragdolled royally by Goldberg at SummerSlam 2003.

You'll probably remind me now, Bossman, that Michaels actually won fourteen World titles in one match in Rio de Janeiro wearing those tights.

• Paid Members

This is a neat thread, I don't really want to see it get derailed too much, which it kinda is and I'm not one to usually disrupt a topic going off-course organically into a different subject as that's the beauty of forum threads of discussion...but the topic this one is moving on to is one I think deserves a thread of it's own. Even though I'm the coolest man on the planet, when it comes to wrestling gear and the sort of things boyfriend brought up and the little nuggets and factbombs air_raid just dropped I'm a right fucking dork and love all that shit. A topic on that itself would be great, not just favourite gear but for interesting tidbits like those that have come up. I'd start it myself but I imagine such a topic requires an opening nostalg_Ian like post full of pretty pictures and shiz, much like this one, but I'm currently restricted to accessing the internet and posting through my iPod like a true pilgrim.

• Paid Members

It was those tights that he wore in the Cell with Taker wasn't it Air_Raid? He won but got a serious battering in the process.

Ian or Air, please start that thread and/or a mod slice this badboy where the discussion shifts. Pretty please with a cherry on top.

Archived