On their last legs ...

IANdrewDiceClay

I knew Yokozuna was on his last legs when he was in the 8 man Survivor Series 96 match that was put together at the last minute and ended up being a double DQ. Also when he wrestled that preshow match against Austin at Summerslam 96 and they had the ring ropes break. This was when I was 12 but it was plain as day.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
It was those tights that he wore in the Cell with Taker wasn't it Air_Raid? He won but got a serious battering in the process.

Ooooh, no mate. You're getting his white and black (white primary) tights mixed up with his black and white (black primary) tights. The black ones were always lucky for him to my recollection all the way to 1994. He indeed won Hell In A Cell in them, then the WWF title in Montreal, in addition to winning the 1996 Rumble.

They're not actually the tights he wore in Montreal - they were black with a red and silver heart. In a really, really nice touch, at Backlash 2003 when he took on Benoit and HHH in a triple-threat, they really played up the Montreal thing, including having Michaels put Benoit in the sharpshooter with Earl Hebner being a replacement referee... and Michaels was wearing the same tights he wore in 1997.

• Paid Members
It was those tights that he wore in the Cell with Taker wasn't it Air_Raid? He won but got a serious battering in the process.

Ooooh, no mate. You're getting his white and black (white primary) tights mixed up with his black and white (black primary) tights. The black ones were always lucky for him to my recollection all the way to 1994. He indeed won Hell In A Cell in them, then the WWF title in Montreal, in addition to winning the 1996 Rumble.

They're not actually the tights he wore in Montreal - they were black with a red and silver heart. In a really, really nice touch, at Backlash 2003 when he took on Benoit and HHH in a triple-threat, they really played up the Montreal thing, including having Michaels put Benoit in the sharpshooter with Earl Hebner being a replacement referee... and Michaels was wearing the same tights he wore in 1997.

Love shit like this, keep it coming chaps.

Michaels is pretty great for little touches like that actually. In his quest to get a rematch with Undertaker at WrestleMania XXVI, he donned the same kegs in that tremendous Rumble performance he'd worn in that very clash with Undi at the previous WrestleMania.

• 1 month later...

Archived