Motor Racing Nirvana

BigJag

• Paid Members

Everything should have worked about Baku and then Rosberg snored his way to victory.

The general dullness of the last two weeks has been put on a pedestal by Pau di Resta. Why Sky thought they needed to draft in an even more boring version of David Coulthard, I don't know. Even more baffling was that Channel 4 appeared to have Karun 'Cucumber' Chandock, legitimately one of the shittest F1 drivers of recent years, doing punditry.

I changed over to the high-octane golfing action on Sky Sports 1 instead.

• Paid Members

Everything should have worked about Baku and then Rosberg snored his way to victory.

The general dullness of the last two weeks has been put on a pedestal by Pau di Resta. Why Sky thought they needed to draft in an even more boring version of David Coulthard, I don't know. Even more baffling was that Channel 4 appeared to have Karun 'Cucumber' Chandock, legitimately one of the shittest F1 drivers of recent years, doing punditry.

I changed over to the high-octane golfing action on Sky Sports 1 instead.

Di Resta was great and a welcome change from Brundle who has been going through the motions for a long time now. 

He didn't tolerate or play along with any of Croft's idiotic comments either, ignoring him 90% of the time. 

• Paid Members

What's the TV coverage like? Where would be the best place to watch highlights for instance?

Thanks

Eurosport will do a highlights show. Quest have one on at 2300 tonight.

Ch4 also do a WEC highlights show that gets broad cast at the weekend around 6AM.

• 1 year later...
  • Paid Members

BUMP!

Counting down the days to the new F1 season in and desperately hoping it’s better than the last few years! I’ve got tickets for Silverstone too so fingers crossed that Ferrari are going to be more competitive this year.

Any thoughts post-testing?

• Paid Members

Red Bull are looking good. About all that's caught my attention. F1 has been very boring for a number of years now. There's many more interesting Motorsports out there. It's quite baffling how it manages to garner the majority of the attention.

Just watching Teds Notebook. Even for a nerd like me the techy overload is leaving me uninterested. Two weeks to Melbourne.

It's WRC Mexico this weekend. It actually began on Thursday. This is usually one of the better Rallies. On gravel and very entertaining.

Most of the season was a two horse race between the two finest racers of this generation in the two fastest cars in the sport's history. That would be enough for me to not be bored but I also got to witness Vettel being punished spectacularly for his petulance on multiple occasions, which is always fun. And even after the title race was essentially wrapped up, I enjoyed watching Verstappen giving us a taste of what's to come.