Motor Racing Nirvana

BigJag

Not disputing any of that, and I'm not calling for radical reform or anything. I'm just saying there wasn't enough of it for me to get more excited than I already was because it was the season opener.  We will hopefully see much more exciting races before the season is over. 

• Paid Members

I can't see the racing getting exciting. F1 just doesn't have exciting racing. Not in the same way other formulas do. There is just too much disparity between the cars for on track racing to happen. F1 a technical and strategic tour de force. Unfortunately as a racing spectacle,F1 is a dead duck. Alonso drove incredibly yesterday. Absolutely got everything and more out of that McLaren. It's baffling to me that he doesn't have a drive in a more competitive car. I wonder if Kimi would consider swapping cars with him?

• Paid Members

He is going to try and win Le Mans this year though and he drove in the Daytona 24 Hours with Phil Hanson and Lando Norris, so his ego is giving us some other great racing.  Keep an eye on Lando Norris though. He is the McLaren reserve driver, and has that great combination of driving talent, youth, and a rich dad. He will be driving for Carlin in the Formula 2 this year. 

• Paid Members

How did Honda mess things up so badly in F1? It's as if they don't know what they are doing. Sticking rigidly to their philosophy of internal development has really hampered theirs and partner team development. Pulling out after the financial crisis  and then having to watch what was essentially their team go on to win the championship, in the first year of the blown diffuser, must have messed with their heads.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Motorsport overload this weekend. F1, MotoGP, and Touring Cars. Have only watched the MotoGP FP1 so far. Controversy already in Moto 3 as Aron Canet who is one of the favourites did this clearly on purpose 

And received no penalty from the stewards. If you can get away with this bullshit it will end up like the game Road Rash. 

• Paid Members

Wow! That looks crazily stupid. I'm not all that clued up on Moto Gp. The guy at fault is the one who cut across the guy in the green race suit?

You can add WRC to the list of motoring events this weekend. 

The WRC and Moto GP review shows are on BT Sport 1 tonight. 2200 for the Moto GP show and 2215 for the WRC show.

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members

Canet (In the blue) had been mad with Yurchenko (in the green) earlier in the lap because Canet felt Yurchenko wasn't going quick enough and that he ruined his lap. Canet then catches him up and does that. The commentators actually called it. He didn't mean to crash himself, just to knock Yurchenko off. Its just madness. 

• Paid Members

He tried to Schumacher him. Actually, what Can't did is crazy. How can he get away with that?

The GT Sprint Cup series is on BT Sport this afternoon.

In addition to the BTCC on ITV 4 we also have the WTCC on Eurosport.

Edited by BigJag