Motor Racing Nirvana

• Paid Members

Is the Abu Dhabi a Motorsport package deal or have you individually booked all that? I always like seeing the paddocks for those middle eastern events. So different to a European GP.

Edited by BigJag
  • Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was at Silverstone last weekend and had the best time ever! My mate won a pit walk for Thursday so we got to see into the garages and met Leclerc, Ericsson, Vettel, Jacques Villeneuve, Anthony David

Thought it was a great race today. One of the more entertaining in quite some time. There were lots of battles going on and I thought it was great. I feel sorry for both Haas drivers, obviously someth

Alonso tearing into the team for his piece of shit car over the radio is what kept me interested in F1 last season.  Long may he stay at McLaren and they keep putting sugar in his tank.

Posted Images

9 hours ago, BigJag said:

Is the Abu Dhabi a Motorsport package deal or have you individually booked all that? I always like seeing the paddocks for those middle eastern events. So different to a European GP.

Booked separately. Worked put so much cheaper.

Tickets are on the start finish straight for all three days and include a pit walk on the Thursday. 

1 hour ago, BigJag said:

That should be pretty epic mate. You'll have to post some pics.

If anyone wants to follow quali shootout for the Indy 500. Use the link below

https://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/events/indy500/event-info/live-grid

I'm certainly hoping so! I went to the Singapore Grand Prix in 2015 and that was an incredible experience, if not the greatest race. 

Have you attended any F1 races?

Ironically the race I went to in Singapore has some nutcase on the track.

I'd highly recommend looking into a race abroad. I've been to Silverstone, Singapore, Melbourne and Monaco and unfortunately all of those beat Silverstone hands down for atmosphere and peripheral activities and events going on.

It's not as expensive as you think either. If you want pointing in the right direction or have any questions, give me a shout.

• Paid Members

It's the Isle Of Man TT and practice is already underway. First we had the insanity of a spectator walking on the course during practice, and getting dealt with pretty swiftly. 

https://www.autosport.com/tt/news/136387/spectator-jailed-for-entering-tt-course

Then the tragedy of the death during practice of up and coming rider Dan Kneen. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/44311030

The TT is the most insane motorsport event that there is. People die every year doing it but it is the ultimate test of rider skill and bravery. 

• Paid Members
On 5/21/2018 at 9:14 AM, ThommoLincs said:

Ironically the race I went to in Singapore has some nutcase on the track.

I'd highly recommend looking into a race abroad. I've been to Silverstone, Singapore, Melbourne and Monaco and unfortunately all of those beat Silverstone hands down for atmosphere and peripheral activities and events going on.

It's not as expensive as you think either. If you want pointing in the right direction or have any questions, give me a shout.

I’ve done Melbourne, Barcelona, Istanbul, Monza, Spa, Turkey (x4), Monaco and Silverstone (x3). Doing Silverstone again this year and Monaco again next year. Silverstone is probably the poorest circuit out of all of them for general entertainment, facilities, atmosphere,  excitement and pricing. I’ve only ever paid to go there once (won tickets, had free tickets) and the only reason I’m doing it this year is because I don’t have enough holidays to go abroad so can only take the Friday off work. Abroad works out cheaper at most European races (incl Monaco!) and you can combine with a holiday for the price of a long weekend in Silverstone. Turkey was my favourite - hence going 4 times - and cost less than Silverstone for flight, accommodation, grandstand tickets at the last chicane, and all over about 5 days. The facilities were great (except it being miles outside Isatsnbul), great circuit, great events, good food and weather, and fans from all over. It was something like £103 for 3-day grandstand ticket.

• Paid Members

Wow! I never knew that F1 was such good value for money on the continent. 

Coventry are having their annual Motofest this weekend. They pretty much turn the city centre ring road into a time attack track. Well worth a visit if you're anywhere near the area. Lots to see and experience.

https://www.coventrymotofest.com/

• Paid Members

Sorry for the double post but Michele Pirro has had a huge highside in practice for the MotoGP today. I'm going to embed the BT Sport version of it because the full version is pretty horrific. He did lose consciousness and he did dislocated both shoulders but he is moving his hands and legs so that is a relief. 

I've been watching bike racing for a long time and I don't think I've ever seen such a big highside as this. 

• Paid Members

That's crazy. Just from that small clip you can tell he's going to be in for a very unpleasant meeting with the Tarmac. One of the commentators refers to an airbag system. Is that something that is on the bike or part of the riders overalls?