Raw Discussion

Direct Impact

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate it when raw leaves you with more questions than answers.. Why did aj kiss kane, why did we have to wait three hours to see lauranitis fired only to have to wait till sunday?

Erm maybe because they want people to pay for No Way Out to find out all that stuff?

Anyway, AJ must be helping Bryan win the title on Sunday, which is a shame because she's belting in that Punk top she wears

Best thing on the show though was Natalya saying 'I'll be waiting right here' then fucking off literally two seconds later

• Paid Members

Agree with most, it was pretty tedious. Thanks to Vince, I actually bothered to watch this week. I fast forwarded most of it. Sure I read there was going to be a battle royal. I love battle royals. I don't love fatal 4 ways when half the entrants are fucking Swagger and fucking Khali.

Vince stuff was decent. Vader was great but the camera needed to cut away when he was struggling to get up. Promise of more old school guys will give me something to tune in for each week. Enjoyed the last segment too. Big Show is the business at the moment. Stip seems to make it obvious that he wins on Sunday.

Lot of insider stuff on the show it seemed.

This wasn't just a three hour show, it over-ran about 15 minutes according to my sky plus. They are seriously going to struggle to fill the time. They need to go back to basics with some of the characters I think. On this show there were so many guys that I don't dislike watching. Kofi, Ziggler, Christian, Slater, Sin Cara, Bryan, Punk, Kane, Cena, Big Show, Sheamus, Tensai, etc. All good wrestlers and strong talkers but with only a couple of exceptions, there is no reason to give a shit about any of them. That's quite frustrating.

• Paid Members
On this show there were so many guys that I don't dislike watching. Kofi, Ziggler, Christian, Slater, Sin Cara, Bryan, Punk, Kane, Cena, Big Show, Sheamus, Tensai, etc. All good wrestlers and strong talkers but with only a couple of exceptions, there is no reason to give a shit about any of them. That's quite frustrating.

I quite agree.

WWE is about 50% great at the moment. The matches are as good as I can remember them being although they are overdoing squashes. The four way was excellent, the end tag match was a fun little match, Sheamus v Tensai was a cracking big man match, too. The matches at No Way Out will probably be excellent, too.

They've got that area covered more than adequately. But they've tipped the balance too much. I'd like to see them sacrifice some match quality for putting some time and effort into building characters. Stop throttling back on people when they seem on the verge of being something really interesting (Ziggler, Del Rio) and stop overdoing a good thing as they did with Ryder and Brodus Clay. They can't keep relying on people becoming an accidental hit - they have to work harder on developing characters and interesting storylines.

• Paid Members

I disagree with the comments about Ryback - I want to him to carry on killing weedy little jobbers forever! Best squash matches since Umaga.

EDIT - Also, Regal's little cameo produced a chuckle.

I thought it was a fairly decent show. Vince made it, he was in a couple of really crap comedy segments but him being the focus of the show definitely made it that bit better and hopefully we get to see him a bit more. Vader was an ace surprise too, he looked like he'd just stepped out of a time machine for the most part.

Also, there seemed to be a hell of a lot of continuity references on that show, which is unusual for WWE. I don't know if it's just leading up to the 1000th show but it was interesting.

Vince was absolutely phenomenal.

Agreed with what someone (NEWM?) said earlier about how they're doing a disservice to the likes of Kofi by having him get battered all the time. Ziggler has suffered from the same thing as well. Dolph Ziggler vs Sheamus has been done several times on TV this last month, I can't see that selling a single pay-per-view.

Was The Miz on at all? Bit damning if he's just left off a three-hour show.

Next week...

08.jpg

"It's time! It's time! It's Vega time!"

I thought This Sabio Bega worked for TNA?

I cant get behind Big Show's Lesnar-light gimmick, it just seems there trying too hard to re-write history and squeeze him into Brock's shoes.

I`m not so sure. Isn`t it merely a case that they are trying to do something with him for a change instead of floundering around the mid card.

On the scale of absurd WWE storylines I actually think the current one with the Big Show is pretty near the bottom.

Whilst admittedly a pissed off angry giant is hardly breaking any ground in originality, it`s not entirely inconceiveable either that the Big Show has snapped.

Show seems to be getting himself into the role well and it`s getting over. With the current lack of any sort of depth in the main event talent stakes WWE have been forced to cobble together an opponent for Cena whilst keeping Cena out the WWE title picture.

Personally I think they`ve done a decent job with it.

I`m also a little confused with the re-writing history comment, on the contrary I`d say it`s been the opposite. They acknowledged onscreen that Show has been something of a joke figure for years and indeed Vince himself called Show a poor investement (or words to that effect). Seems like they called it correctly to me.

Maybe not re-writing history but they are trying to portray that shows been a comedy act since 1999 and hes 'never been off the leash' so to speak, and that this is the biggest shock turn of all time (I know they're trying to selling the angle) but he's been a face/heel about a dozen times over the years and at various times used as a serious threat and monster not just the comedy character that he did for a short time in 2000.

Vader was brilliant. The crowd was into him, the commentators were into him and he seemed to be having a blast.

I've been critical of WWE for bringing in their 'Stock Legends' whenever they do a retro show, and Vader showing up just hammers that point home. Nobody gives a fuck about the likes of Slaughter, Dusty Rhodes or especially Arn Anderson these days. Duggan still gets a pop but it's diminishing, and Roddy Piper offers very little. Instead, bringing in guys like Vader who still look good and can go for a good squash match once in a while is far better.

What his appearance also proved is that WWE themes were far better back in the day. A good theme adds to a wrestler's character and aura.

What his appearance also proved is that WWE themes were far better back in the day. A good theme adds to a wrestler's character and aura.

Too right. American Males would never have been the superstars they were if it weren't for that music.

• Paid Members

Along with the other previous posts I fast forwarded through most of it. Christian v Ziggler and the return of Vader were certainly the highlights. Seeing the 1000th episode VT about the very first Raw really shows how much better it was then compared to now. Heenan, HBK! Now we have Cole and Khali.

Archived