Raw Discussion

Direct Impact

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's lost a lot of weight supposedly

Nah, I had heard that too, and he probably was a bit trimmer at some point, but I saw him in a recent Japanese match against some Tiger Mask ripoff and he was absolutely huge. He didn't look very good. Nearly broke the poor lads neck with the powerbomb and I don't think it was intentional.

Still pretty cool that he's on his feet and active though, all that wear and tear over the years can't have been kind on a fat guy like him.

EDIT: should 've read the last post

From Lord of Pains

WWE announced through their Mobile Alert service Monday that Alberto Del Rio will be unable to face Sheamus for the World Heavyweight Championship at No Way Out on June 17. A new No. 1 contender will be determined on tonight's Raw SuperShow.

The message reads: "BREAKING NEWS: Due to a concussion on SmackDown, Del Rio wont face World Champion Sheamus @ No Way Out. New #1 contender to be named on tonight's Raw (8/7 CT)."

Del Rio suffered a "serious concussion" at last Tuesday's SmackDown taping in Columbia, South Carolina. During a skirmish, Sheamus slammed Del Rio's head against the metal WWE logo, leading to the injury. He was subsequently pulled from this past weekend's SmackDown live event tour.

• Paid Members

Vince's antics were tremendous, the burial of Daniel Bryan, the cruel but absolutely hilarious JR impression and cutting a rug to Cat's theme especially, although it wasn't quite as good as the first time he done it. It was good to have him back, even if it was just for a few hours

The four-way was bloody fun. Not happy with the result though, obviously. Now we get to see ANOTHER world title match play second fiddle to close-ups of Vickies face.

Sheamus vs Albert was surprisingly good. I enjoyed all the Big Show stuff as well. They need to up the jobbercount for Ryback, I'm getting a bit bored of him now. On the subject of squashes, VADER was fucking awesome. I have no idea how this came about, but I'm thankful it happened. Can't believe he managed to do the Vaderbomb! When he started climbing the ropes I thought we were in for another Yokozuna moment for sure.

The Kane/Bryan/Punk/AJ shit was a total write-off, aside from Kane's fantastic facials during and after the kiss.

Much better start to the three-hour-era than I was dreading. They've still got plenty of starpower (and Brock Lesnar) held back, too. No Way Out looks pretty shit, like, but after that we should be in for some great tv between now and Summerslam. I'm hoping that Show punching Vince means there's a chance of a Triple H/Big Show feud starting for MITB. That's really clutching at straws though, I just want to see HHH wrestle more often!

• Paid Members

Vader looked great for hit age and didn't fuck up. Glad he made an appearance, just a shame they only spoke about his wwe achievements. Could have built him up better if they mentioned his pre-wwf career. Ah well. Vader Bomb looked great too.

Better than the usual 3 hour RAW's but they shown last night that they have lots to do to make 3 hours watchable especially every week. I am quite worried about that move, it's such a long time to keep people interested.

Vader was great, I hope this is a weekly trend towards the big 1000 when hopefully loads of folks turn up. Vince stole the show for me though, he was great in every little segment throughout the show. Everything else was passable or dull for me.

No Way Out right now im not slightly interested in, which is a shame cause WWE have produced some top PPV's this year. Maybe TNA will have the better PPV for a change for June 2012.

Archived