Raw Discussion

Direct Impact

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a fan of CM Punk but good Lord is he annoying. I'm not one of those guys that criticize him for being 'Mr. 2.9 lolz' but I just can't see any reason to cheer for him when he talks. He's like a sarcastic teenager who laughs at his own jokes. He also seems to have brought the great Daniel Bryan down to his level. Like Mark Henry before him, they seem to have missed the boat on Bryan by not pushing him enough and now he's starting to lose a fair bit of momentum. Annoying Punk and dull Sheamus haven't been good for 'ma man D-Bry'.

"Once you go Bryan, there's no point in tryin'! Awww yeah"

Vince was superb as we all expected him to be and Cena was really good in the final segment as well. It's the most interesting The Big Show has been in years.

I didn't have high hopes for Vader when he struggled to walk up the steps but he was really good for a 57 year old man.

What a fucking dog of a show that was, Vader aside. I think somebody already said this a few weeks ago, but I can't remember a time the show was any less equipped to support the move to three hours. It's bad enough that it's hurting for stars, but when the underneath crop are so bereft of heat and seemingly unable to harness some themselves (and/or hamstrung by some questionable booking/writing), prospects are poor.

There are some good points (Dolph getting a shot, Khali's chop being credited with ousting Del Rio, Cena and Big Show is actually okay if you try and pretend their pairing is fresh), but I just don't give a bollocks about such a large portion of the roster right now. Every singles match at the moment is really clearly marked as "Star, Jobber", but it kills whomever is unfortunate to be in the jobber role - Kofi's getting a lot of it at the moment, and it's hard to fight through that. Also, I know some people think this stuff doesn't matter that much, but Raw 1000 needs a new set if at all possible. The HD stage seems to have meant that's what we've got for a long time, but some new screens, new ring aprons, ropes and all that can really help create a freshness for a bit. Basically, any shortcuts they can take to mask how fucking boring the programme is, they should take.

Coming off such an excellent weekend of TNA, I feel more negative than usual.

Oh, and next week, quite obviously...

It's Brader Time...

Chris_harris_braden_walker_despedido.jpg

Also, I know some people think this stuff doesn't matter that much, but Raw 1000 needs a new set if at all possible. The HD stage seems to have meant that's what we've got for a long time, but some new screens, new ring aprons, ropes and all that can really help create a freshness for a bit. Basically, any shortcuts they can take to mask how fucking boring the programme is, they should take.

Yeah, that's what I've been saying. Someone shot me down for it saying 'yeah, that's exactly what the show needs!' but it would definitely benefit the show. Apparently on WWE.com there's an article about stages and they hint towards a new stage. WWE.com do a lot of things like that though, so there's no reason to hold your breath.

I love Kofi Kingston, I reckon they can still have him as a World/WWE Champion someday, boring Cage Match but when he hit the trouble in paradise it was a good moment, stop putting him in Tag Teams and give him a push up a bit. I thought he came off really well in his backstage segment and hes really different from everyone else.

Vader was decent too, Heath Slater took it all great. Sin Cara can bugger off, he is woeful though Curt Hawkins new tights were boss.

Ryback, PLEASE let him feud with someone or else kill some proper people.

Glad for Dolph Ziggler but hes never winning it, I really want to see him turn face and he got a really good reaction too. 4 way was really decent.

I know everyone goes on about it, and its a TV show but taking the piss out of JR then showing the 'Be A Star'

stuff is ridiculous.

AJ is amazing, CM Punk is really getting on my nerves! Someone needs to become WWE Champion, put it back on Cena or something! He just acts like the worlds biggest twat all the time, how are people supposed to cheer for him? #GoatFace

Speaking of Cena, this feud with Big Show is pretty rubbish as well.

Think it took me an hour and a bit to blast through it so I guess it wasn't all bad though I think my statements sounded a bit more negative than I intended.

Another thing I noticed, from the clips they showed of the first episode of Raw. They have stated to blur out the gold block logo, which is weird as up to a couple of months ago there were Retro T Shirts being sold with it and the New Generation logo featured all over them.

Enjoyable Raw i thought, loved seeing Vader in action. The four way was match of the night, the tag match was good for the AJ stuff (god is she fucking adorable or what?) and having Vinnie Mac back was a riot, though the WMD on him was shit.

Oh for those that were wondering, the Vader appearance was part of a deal where, for the next few weeks up to the 1000th show in July, a star from Raw's past will compete in a match according to Cole on commentary

• Paid Members
Oh for those that were wondering, the Vader appearance was part of a deal where, for the next few weeks up to the 1000th show in July, a star from Raw's past will compete in a match according to Cole on commentary

Best news i've heard for a while.

I felt that they messed up at the end. The punch didn't connect properly and it looked like Cena got into "ducking position" too late.

Was good to see Vader, he was in quite good shape. Hope it's not Heath Slater who faces the legend every week though.

Still no explanation to what Vince's role is now, was he there on behalf of the board, they still had him listed as the Chairman. Triple H is going to address the WWE at No Way Out, so who's got more power, Vince or Triple H?

Christ this was boring. Truly boring as sin. Santino and Ricardo can get to fuck with that shit feud they're having. Is this really why they're going three hours, for shit like this?

Honestly, it wouldn't even be so bad if King and Cole weren't always putting on a stupid fake laugh whenever something unfunny happens.

AJ's involvement in the show has managed to put me off the Punk/Bryan feud, and they are two of my favourites. She's not bad at what she does or anything, she's actually pretty decent, but it's just such a shit storyline.

The highlight was Vince berating Johnny for hiring the wrong one-legged wrestler. Vince in general actually. If anybody should be brought back full-time its him.

Hhh is talking about the lesnar situation (his broken arm) its nothing to do with who's got the most power we all know vince is the top dog.

But from a storyline point of view it's not explained properly. As far as we (the audience) are concerned the board removed all of Vince's day to day power. Triple H is supposed to be running the company with JL being GM of both shows. Why would JL want to be GM so badly, he seems to be threatened with the sack every few weeks. If I'd kept my job by the skin of my teeth several times, I'd buck my ideas up and be looking for another job in the meantime.

Archived