Raw Discussion

Direct Impact

From Lords of Pain;

Tonight's WWE RAW Supershow will be a three-hour event from the XL Center in Hartford, Connecticut. Confirmed for tonight's show is the return of Vince McMahon as he evaluates John Laurinaitis.

Once again, WWE is not advertising Brock Lesnar or Triple H for tonight's show. Notable names still being advertised include Kelly Kelly and Alberto Del Rio, in addition to the usual Superstars. Matches advertised locally include John Cena vs. Big Show & John Laurinaitis plus CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan. WWE is teasing the following for tonight's show:

* More from the "Love Triangle from Hell" with CM Punk, Kane, Daniel Bryan and AJ Lee

* Will Vince McMahon fire John Laurinaitis?

* After recent singles losses, does Dolph Ziggler have a back-up plan for No Way Out?

* With Cena and Big Show in the same building for the first time in three weeks, what will happen going into No Way Out?

Former World Heavyweight Champion Vader was seen arriving in Hartford, Connecticut last night - the site of tonight's WWE RAW Supershow. No word yet if Vader is being brought in for tonight's RAW or some other WWE project like interviews for the Network.

So big 3 hour Raw tonight. Are people glad to see Vince return? I'm still confused with who's got what power in WWE. I'm hoping Vince backs JL, can't be doing with the usual humiliation - joining the Kiss My Ass Club.

Vader spotted near by Raw, I wouldn't mind seeing him again, but hopefully if he is physically involved he's better than when we seen him a few years back against Batista. (He fell over)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Haven't watched the last three, but with Vin Man coming back and the small possibility of a Vader appearance tonight I might give it another go. Otherwise, do we need Punk v Bryan part 26? Also, does Ziggler even have a match scheduled for No Way Out?

Do we need Punk v Bryan part 26?

Possibly a dark match.

I want to know.....how can they have a "love triangle from hell" then list 4 people?!

Don't think that's their official wording, just the website that this was taken from. I doubt if it was official it'd say AJ Lee, seeing as she's never been called AJ Lee in WWE.

• Paid Members

No motivation to stay up for Raw tonight, even with the early start. Not willing to put myself through three hours of the shit they've been serving up recently.

Doubt Vader will be on the show to be honest, I reckon he's there on other business, if he's actually there at all.

Vader is an odd name to see. Isnt he really fat these days?

Further to that, he's pushing 60.

He's lost a lot of weight supposedly, and I don't think age matters does it? Otherwise we wouldn't be seeing Mae Young every special that they do. By definition a living legend is going to be pretty old. I'm looking forward to this. I take it, it starts at one? I need be up by eleven tomorrow so don't know if I should risk watching it. Vinny Mac returning could be great or spectacularly dull, depending on what he says and does.

• Paid Members

Mae Young does a crazy old woman comedy gimmick, though. Vader is known as a physically-dominating monster, that's what his use is. I don't see him having that use as he approaches pensionable age.

Mae Young does a crazy old woman comedy gimmick, though. Vader is known as a physically-dominating monster, that's what his use is. I don't see him having that use as he approaches pensionable age.

Sorry, I don't understand. He's not being booked in a heavyweight title match as far as I know, he's there for a nostalgia kick. Just like Hacksaw, Sgt Slaughter and the like. Nothing more nothing less.

• Paid Members

Sorry, I don't understand. He's not being booked in a heavyweight title match as far as I know, he's there for a nostalgia kick. Just like Hacksaw, Sgt Slaughter and the like. Nothing more nothing less.

Oh, I understand they're not going to push him to the moon. I suppose they point I've not made clear is that I don't see a 2012 WWE audience getting nostalgic about Vader in the same way they do for the likes of Duggan & Slaughter, so he serves no purpose whatsoever if he's no longer useful as a wrecking machine (which he clearly isn't).

Archived