Raw Discussion

Direct Impact

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was an alright show I suppose (with current standards in mind), I really liked the AJ stuff and I thought it stole the show. She's great. Vince was good on the mic and put John L. to shame when it comes to authority figures talking, but I could have done without his backstage antics. The dancing was the kind of stuff I hate, as he was supposed to be casually walking backstage and all of a sudden the spotlights come on and the two women were doing a pre planned sing along together. It makes it all look so fake.

Then they make fun of Bells Palsy (even doing the faces and everything) with a Be A Star video within the same couple of minutes. It's like the show is schizophrenic changing the scripts between the PC friendly stuff and the "HA HA HA, He has a weird face" stuff.

The Fatal 4 Way and the Santino Mixed Tag were alright, but nothing great. The Big Show Cage Match was boring, the ending segment was too predictable as every year around this time Vince dies/gets put in a coma. Vader looked great though, and the crowd loved him. It all could have been worse I suppose, at least there was no Michael Cole stuff.

• Paid Members
Vader Time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAKoiCl9Xzo...feature=related

For a 57 yr old man, that's an impressive performance. Love Vader, and that's a better code to his career than that thing with Batista was.

I watched this earlier, too, and it was a really great performance. Bit odd seeing him as a fan favourite after all these years, but hopefully that might erase some of the memories of him slipping on his arse a few years ago.

Maybe WWE are going to be doing a retro spot like this every week, where they bring back an old star for a quick appearance. Sid would, in all honesty, be one of the most obvious choices. It would also be a nice change of pace and idea if they must insist on going to 3 hours, they can't just fill it up with the same old shit.

Maybe WWE are going to be doing a retro spot like this every week, where they bring back an old star for a quick appearance. Sid would, in all honesty, be one of the most obvious choices. It would also be a nice change of pace and idea if they must insist on going to 3 hours, they can't just fill it up with the same old shit.

That's exactly what they should be doing imo, bringing in guys for odd nostalgic appearances, or short term runs. There's still a lot of guys from the 90s/Attitude era who will still be reasonably fit and fresh in the minds of a lot of the crowd and audience.

Unless they ditched Smackdown or made another half dozen or so big signings, 3hrs is far too long for RAW to stay interesting every week with the usual roster

It's a shame Vader was effectively done with the US by 1998. Another WCW run could've been great, he could've been fantastic in ECW too, ploughing through the likes of Bam Bam and co...

Sid, JBL, Ron Simmons would all be welcome. Maybe even a APA reunion. You never know, Flair could be Woooing the house down in a few weeks.

I'd say the New Age Outlaws would be a likely one too :)

• Paid Members

Good to see Vader. He looks canny presentable doesn't he? Reminds me of one of them really old Mexican wrestlers. The body wasn't that good to begin with and the face is covered by a mask. He's pretty much the same guy. Great to see. And it probably upped his bookings on the Indy circuit, which is always good.

You can't top a Vader appearance, though. The show never recovered. Vader is the new show stopper.

• Paid Members

I thought anything outside Vince was a bit lacklustre (apart from Vader, of course). The guy getting himself over and fucking the rest of this lot was class. The man is incredible; we got Oklahoma Vince, dancing Vince (always a treat), Vince hates ROH Vince, Vince Vince, and my favourite, vigilante Vince. They need to get him back on TV full-time.

Pregnant Vader coming back was a nice treat. The highlight being the realisation that, after years of longing, the UKFF may finally get the return of SID. Papa Shango too, hopefully.

The only other things that I remember is Sheamus (although he had another good match) needs to stay away from the mic. He sounds like a mong and acts like the sort of lad even the lovely John Cena would bully. Also, that's probably the first time I've found AJ mildly attractive - well until she kissed Kane's herpes covered mouth.

• Paid Members

If that was a sign of things to come with Raw going 3 hours every week, I think I'm probably going to stop watching it. I've been struggling (and often failing) to keep interested/awake during the regular 2 hour Raws lately, and last night's was just shit. Vader was in better shape than I imagined, I'm enjoying the Punk/Kane/Bryan/AJ thing if only to see where it ends up, and Vince was alright. Aside from that I could happily do without the rest. Even Ryback has started to get a bit stale for me, though I did enjoy his match.

I never thought I'd say it, but TNA is streets ahead of WWE at the minute.

enjoyed this week. good matches, vince being hilarious.never felt like fast fowarding as much as usual

laugh of the night for me was william regal's random apperance just beating "Once you go bryan"

great crowd too, noisy all night. vader was great and AJ was bloody adorably lovely so fine show by me

Archived