The first wrestling video you watched/owned

IANdrewDiceClay

Survivor Series '99. Someone at school had lent it to my brother at school. I presume they lent it to him because he wanted to see the Boss Man/Big Show funeral bit. He told me about it, I gave it a watch and loved it. Even at the time, I was underwhelmed by Big Show's win though. My memory is a bit hazy on whether I'd started playing WWF Attitude with my mate before Survivor Series which gave me the urge to watch it or whether that was the catalyst for playing it.Next event I saw had X Pac vs. Kane, and my sister let me stay up to watch it on Sky Sports whilst my mum and dad were travelling back home. They came through the door on X Pac's entrance and I got really embarrassed because of all the 'suck it's, and thought I'd be told off for watching it.Then I started watching fairly regularly from No Way Out 2001 onwards. Really loved the three stages of hell match at the time, though last time I saw it a few years back I was bored by it. Smackdown and Bottom Line on Sky One was a God send for keeping up with it all. The computer games kept me interested too, as well as having mates who liked it too and didn't grow out of it.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Survivor Series '99. Someone at school had lent it to my brother at school. I presume they lent it to him because he wanted to see the Boss Man/Big Show funeral bit. He told me about it, I gave it a watch and loved it. Even at the time, I was underwhelmed by Big Show's win though. My memory is a bit hazy on whether I'd started playing WWF Attitude with my mate before Survivor Series which gave me the urge to watch it or whether that was the catalyst for playing it.Next event I saw had X Pac vs. Kane, and my sister let me stay up to watch it on Sky Sports whilst my mum and dad were travelling back home. They came through the door on X Pac's entrance and I got really embarrassed because of all the 'suck it's, and thought I'd be told off for watching it.Then I started watching fairly regularly from No Way Out 2001 onwards. Really loved the three stages of hell match at the time, though last time I saw it a few years back I was bored by it. Smackdown and Bottom Line on Sky One was a God send for keeping up with it all. The computer games kept me interested too, as well as having mates who liked it too and didn't grow out of it.

Wasn't Survivor Series 1999 when Stone Cold got run over? The whole Big Show/Bossman deal was at Armageddon 1999.

• Moderators

Survivor Series had Big Show taking out his team on his own just to get to Boss Man in a 4 on 4, then going on the the main event replacing Austin, and then having a 1 on 1 against Boss Man at Armageddon.

Mine was Summerslam 1989. It was a choice between this and WM II with some Christmas money. Summerslam won due to it being a longer event, having more people I knew in it and also because it came with a free doublesided poster. Anyone else feeling incredibly old reading through this? Not only are we talking about the defunct VHS format but also the long gone John Menzies and Woolworths - prime places for Wrestling goodness back in the day (I think I purchased the majority of my Wrestling figures from these two stores.)

Yeah the funeral segment was after Survivor Series 99 if I remember correctly.

No, his title win was being dedicated to his dead Dad and they showed a video from a week or two before one of his matches where Boss Man towed the coffin away.

• Paid Members
Anyone else feeling incredibly old reading through this? Not only are we talking about the defunct VHS format but also the long gone John Menzies and Woolworths - prime places for Wrestling goodness back in the day (I think I purchased the majority of my Wrestling figures from these two stores.)

Yeah, that and people's first video being from 2000 makes me feel like a bit of an ol' fogie.

The first video I ever saw was Wrestlemania 4, My friend had recorded it and had recorded the slammy awards 1987 on the same tape, I told him that I had to keep this tape because i loved it so much and he said that he would sell it to me for

Mine was a WCW video which had two tournaments on it, single and tag team. All I can remember is the single tournament had Sting, Ric Flair & Great Muta in it while the tag team one had The Steiner Brothers, Doom & Legion of Doom. Can't remember for the life of me what it was from but I do remember you earnt points for a win and a draw. :)

Mine was a WCW video which had two tournaments on it, single and tag team. All I can remember is the single tournament had Sting, Ric Flair & Great Muta in it while the tag team one had The Steiner Brothers, Doom & Legion of Doom. Can't remember for the life of me what it was from but I do remember you earnt points for a win and a draw. :)

Starrcade 89 - Future Shock. Could have been a really good concept for a PPV but it dragged on too long and there were too many screwy finishes.

This was the first video I owned -

51A%20LAJwgYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I remember borrowing this from my brother, I think it had 4 matches on it and I remember my brother being really pissed off because he spent quite a bit on it and was expecting more matches. :laugh:

Starrcade 89 - Future Shock. Could have been a really good concept for a PPV but it dragged on too long and there were too many screwy finishes.

That's the baby! Thanks a lot. :)

Archived