The first wrestling video you watched/owned

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think it might have been a hogan tape but i'm not sure, my vhs collection is up in the loft so can't check them. i actually think, taking away stuff i recorded off sky, i have more dvds than vhs these days. i can remember tapes being quite dear back in the day, like

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e2633646151996279e7ae542bce451301b8f6e.jpg

Was the first video I owned, my Nan bought it for me, shortly followed by a Hogan one and a Wrestlemania greatest Matches set, I don't think any of them went longer than an hour and three quarters!

First PPV on VHS was:

wrestlemania5.jpg

I used to watch it daily, for at least a year until I got Royal Rumble 92. I still love both PPVs too.

• Paid Members

it was Wrestlemania 4 for me as well, the big ol' double cassette job. Followed shortly by Summerslam 88. It's insane to think how spoilt we are these days with the internet and the sheer volume of wrestling available to buy, back when i had them video's it was basically the only archived wrestling i could get (as a kid that had no money), i watched the same couple of video's over and over and i fucking loved it. If the 10 year old me was handed a copy of something as extensive of the new Rock DVD anthology my head probably would have fallen off.

• Paid Members

Mine was Summerslam 89 aswell. Fucking loved that tape. I'm sure I've still got the original VHS in a box somewhere at my mom and dad's.

Lovely memories. All I'd seen of wrestling was WCW Worldwide on ITV before I got that tape so seeing WCW's Tony Schiavone and Jesse The Body open up the WWF PPV was a bit confusing for me at 7 years old. And they were on fine form on commentary that night.

WWF-WWE_SummerSlam-1989_Jesse-TheBody-Ventura_Tony-Schiavone.jpg

I've still got a soft spot for SS89 to this day. The Hogan/Zeus stuff in the main event. Warrior vs Rude, Piper's mental interview with Mean Gene after it and Heenan going nuts. Harts vs Arn & Tully. Ronnie Garvin's ring announcing. And the monster 6 man tag with Andre, Bossman, Demolition etc. Had a bit of everything.

My dad got me this shortly after it

9c0ac27a02a04a6a2893a110.L.jpg

I wore them two videos out.

20091103103203_0.jpg

I loved this event at the time (and the survivor series before it). We were in secondary school and a group of us used to go over my friend's house after school on the monday for PPV & pizza. oh the memories.My first tapes were 'Mania 3, 4, and 5. Got them from a family friend who was going to throw them out and they started my collection.First tape I remember buying myself was IYH 5 which is still a cracking show! Bret vs Bulldog on it is one of my fave matches ever.

Wrestlemania V. I'd gotten into wrestling during the Jake v Savage feud in 1991. When watching WM5, young 7 year old me was mighty confused as to why Savage, a guy who endured a snakebite for goodness sake, wasn't the fan favourite against that posturing gimp Hogan.

The return of the Ultimate Warrior on video was the first video i owned, a Christmas present. The matches were him vs Hulk Hogan from WM6, vs Skinner, Brian Knobbs and a tag match with him and the Undertaker vs Berzerker and Papa Shango.The first wrestling video i watched was Summerslam 92 at a friends house which got me hooked into wrestling.

Ive never owned a wrestling vhs or a dvd i first started watching when i was like 4 or 5 first match i can remember watching is wm3 Hogan vs Andre loved wrestling ever since cant believe i been watching it for nearly 25 years

Dont have the pic for it but father in law got me the PWI - "Ringmasters - the great American bash" video for my birthday. Then i found the Lords of the ring one in a shop. Not stopped collecting since

Archived