The first wrestling video you watched/owned

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. 63 year old man doesn't look like he did in his 30s. What a cunt he is.Still, it takes a special kind of man to be put through 3 divorces and go broke to now being the face of a Coca Cola spinoff and earning more money than he did in his prime. Flair's financially set for life now. The man is just incredible.Probably why he is now no showing TNA events and will probably be back on WWE TV soon.

So how much money is he getting from this Coca Cola deal?

The 1st proper wrestling video watched was probably WM II.The first wrestling video I bought was the Green one of these7ddb_1_b.JPG

I thought Superbrawl 2000 was my first, well it was the first one I bought myself, but I now remember my mum buying me two of those from a stall at the local market in 93 or 94. It was full of old NWA matches if I recall.

• Paid Members

I've got a couple of those NWA tapes too. I remember I got one from some random shop in Weston on my jollys, along with Classic Heroes Ironhide from Woolies.

Apologies for those of you that have heard this story in the reasonably frequent "how did you get into wrestling?" thread that pops up. My first wrestling video watched was WrestleMania VI, lent to me by a mate when I asked him "why do you watch it? It's fake." He literally just put the tape in my hand and said "just watch it." I can't pinpoint the exact moment I switched on, it probably wasn't The Model vs Koko. But it may very well have been the promo, entrance and victory of Demolition.

Throughout the rest of the tape, a combination of factors - the Rockers' high flying stuff, the Harts looking cool-but-ruthless, the intensity of Boss Man, the ice cold promo of Jake the Snake and the incredible ending - meant that it was inevitable I was going to end up a fan. Afterwards said mate lent me Survivors 90, 91 and 92 as well. I've been a fan ever since, and somehow twenty years later nothing has quite grabbed me as "THE main event" as much as Hulk Hogan vs The Ultimate Warrior.

200px-Wmviwarrior.jpg

The first tape I ever bought ended up Survivors 89 as I marched into John Menzies with my birthday money keen to buy "a WWF tape" without knowing what. I had promised not to watch anything older than Mania VI, but at the time I was well into the Survior Series concept, and the sight of the Hulkamaniacs unit on the box really made it a must-purchase.

51AxvZ2mPuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

My first match was the 'I Quit' Match, off a VHS recording of the Royal Rumble '99 from that very week.My first proper Silvervision purchase was a copy of Breakdown: IYH! It was a nice surprise to buy Judgement Day '98 the following week and found that they led onto each other.

• Paid Members

The 1st proper wrestling video watched was probably WM II.The first wrestling video I bought was the Green one of these7ddb_1_b.JPG

but I now remember my mum buying me two of those from a stall at the local market in 93 or 94.
Noticing those videos in the local carboots all the time up here these days. They must have sold quite well back in the day.Video is just an episode of the Mid-Atlantic TV show, isn't it? Something like that.

Survivor_Series_1988_DVD.jpgI can remember noticing this in Ritz Video all those years ago as a kid. The yellow on the cover stood out like a sore thumb. Still one of my favourite shows to this day.

Don't remember the first one I owned but the first one I watched was this one of yours:KGrHqZjIE69y2fYteBPgB9tpECg60_35.jpg

Archived