The first wrestling video you watched/owned

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I'd love to know where these two are now.

posters004.jpg

512YCSkF0gL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Honorable mention to

51H18A0V25L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

For some reason I used to watch this video nearly every week.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason I used to watch this video nearly every week.

Being great probably had something to do with it :)Don't think I ever owned a video until the silvervision VHS clearout around 2001, but the first release I watched (outwith PPVs since WM6 that I got taped) would have been either Wrestlemania 5 or the best of The Ultimate Warrior that a pal bought back from holiday.

It's funny that The Phenom listed KOTR 2000 as his first tape. Coincidentally Dillkid mentioned the same tape when he posted here as I remember feeling old when he did. Anyway, my first VHS that I remember owning was Grudge Matches (which has recently been released on Tag Classics). You have Lord Al and Sean Mooney pretending they were in London which I totally bought into. I remember Mummy buying me it from Sansbury's and it was a choice of that and Summerslam 92 (which I had already seen on Sky) so I went for the tape which was filled with unseen material. I assume this was 1992 then? On a side note, I remember loving the Silver Vision intro of a random collection of wrestlers (and the only peek of Hulk and LOD). I can still hear the music in my head, have tried to find it on YouTube but I've never been able to. (Somebody posted a similar one the other day but it wasn't the same one. I'm going to have another hunt now...)

On a side note, I remember loving the Silver Vision intro of a random collection of wrestlers (and the only peek of Hulk and LOD). I can still hear the music in my head, have tried to find it on YouTube but I've never been able to. (Somebody posted a similar one the other day but it wasn't the same one. I'm going to have another hunt now...)

I know the one - I'd love to see it again

71X7DWVZ02L._SS500_.gif

This was my first, then second was the Ultimate Warrior video already posted in this thread. It was one of the school holidays, possibly the summer holidays and Blockbuster Video down the road from me had a deal on where all the kids movies other than new releases were

I'd love to know where these two are now.posters004.jpg

Its seeing stuff like this that makes Flair in TNA all the more depressing. Best in the world at the time, yet stayed in the business long after he should have left.The first show I watched was Summerslam 91 when my brother borrowed it from a mate. For years I though Bret/Prrfect was the opening as I remember it being the first I saw, don't remember the 6 man tag at all.The first show I owned was Wrestlemania 7, which I had at my grandma's house and must driven her round the bent with the amount of times I watched it

• Paid Members

Its seeing stuff like this that makes Flair in TNA all the more depressing. Best in the world at the time, yet stayed in the business long after he should have left.

Yep. 63 year old man doesn't look like he did in his 30s. What a cunt he is.Still, it takes a special kind of man to be put through 3 divorces and go broke to now being the face of a Coca Cola spinoff and earning more money than he did in his prime. Flair's financially set for life now. The man is just incredible.flairfuel.jpgProbably why he is now no showing TNA events and will probably be back on WWE TV soon.

Wwf_In_Your_House_07-[cdcovers_cc]-front.jpg

Had my mum buy me this from John Menzies, didnt have Sky at the time so it was a revelation to see the no holds barred match in full and also the Warrior being a complete twat. I also briefly became a massive Ahmed Johnson fan because of this show and KOTR of the same year.

Archived