Game of Thrones: book thread

Burchill's Buddy

Woy, he seemed to have been cut altogether as a character from the 2nd series though - all his story function was moved onto other characters, so I'd be surprised if they brought him in now. Bear in mind I've not read the 3rd book yet.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Woy, he seemed to have been cut altogether as a character from the 2nd series though - all his story function was moved onto other characters, so I'd be surprised if they brought him in now. Bear in mind I've not read the 3rd book yet.

Hence, it is literally insane for you to be commenting on that, but book-readers will be having a massive chuckle over it.

Also, get to reading. The third book is amazing.

That's interesting then - if he's such an important character, why leave him out of the 2nd series and the story at Winterfell? They basically took his bits and added them to Theon Greyjoy.

I found reading the books after watching the series an interesting experience. They certainly cut a lot of fat, and the story didn't really suffer for it.

• Paid Members

Yeah they tend to announce the next season after the first episode of the new season. Also the HBO president a few months ago said that they would keep making the show for as long as they can. I imagine eventually it'll get too expensive and they'll probably cancel it but it should be safe for the next few years.

thing is.. i think Game of Thrones has the potential of like the Sopranos, it can stay compelling, the writing is really good plus the writers are very committed to trying as close to the books as they can with adding a few twists and changes of their own...it wont be like True Blood (which i was a very big fan of until i decided that Alan Ball was on crack) i think Game of Thrones will be around for a while wereas i don't see True Blood lasting after this season or next (if its renewed i will be surprised)

yah i do like the music choices they've made for the trailers, last years florence and the machine's "seven devils" - couldnt have picked a better one and this one really fits whats going to happen in this season.

• Paid Members
Why do the trailer always have such shit music? It doesn't sound Game Of Fucking Thrones at all.

They need something pomp and epic (used in it's true form) like Dragonborn from Skyrim. That'd fit perfectly.

I'm with the_suz, for me The Sopranos is top dog when it comes to drama series but Thrones has every chance of overtaking it if they continue with this form. To be fair, I'd even say it has a greater number of compelling characters than Sopranos ever had, and that's saying something. Everyone seems to be bloody good. I honestly can't think of a single character that doesn't serve their propose well and interests me. Not one. At least in The Sopranos there was Carmella, who eventually got to a point where her constant blubbering bored my tits off.

Archived