Match of the Year 2012 Thread

Forrest

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah he was just getting nothing but great reactions and every match, promo and angle he was in was fucking brilliant.

His promo when he won the world title is probably my favorite promo of all time actually.

probably my favourite promo of all time

all time

What's your point?

Not far off. They could have taken his 'RampageJacksonangryblackman-gimmick' all the way to the moon. They did push him and his run was really entertaining but he could have played the race-card some more and that being the reason it has taken so long for him to get a shot. Plus it leaves alot of people really uncomfortable :)

• Moderators
Not far off. They could have taken his 'RampageJacksonangryblackman-gimmick' all the way to the moon. They did push him and his run was really entertaining but he could have played the race-card some more and that being the reason it has taken so long for him to get a shot. Plus it leaves alot of people really uncomfortable :)

On the contrary I'm really happy they didn't, and can't imagine much worse. Using a victim of racism within the company with a "played the race card" schtick would be pretty fucking stupid as well. Probably liable for a nice lawsuit one of these days.

• Paid Members
Yeah he was just getting nothing but great reactions and every match, promo and angle he was in was fucking brilliant.

His promo when he won the world title is probably my favorite promo of all time actually.

probably my favourite promo of all time

all time

Yeah and what? Dickhead. I'd rather watch a big scary angry monster talk about how he's going to kill everyone than some wanky bullshit trying to be deep/clever which wrestling is so often guilty of.

Here's another great one:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been a lot of good matches this year although that could be partly down to me watching more. I've only started to follow non US mainstream stuff recently and I happen to be out of work with internet access so this is a pretty exciting (lazy) time. I'll add matches and my thoughts on them whenever I get round to it.

Kazuchika Okada

• Paid Members
Kyoko Kimura vs. Natsuki Taiyo Stardom X Stardom 2012 [05.08.2012]

The first five minutes of this match is the most intense thing I've seen this year.

What an odd choice. That wasn't even the match of the card, let alone the year. In fact, from bell to bell I'd go so far as to say Taiyo/Shirai was better. The match of the night was Aikawa/Bito for me. I was there.

Kyoko Kimura vs. Natsuki Taiyo Stardom X Stardom 2012 [05.08.2012]

The first five minutes of this match is the most intense thing I've seen this year.

What an odd choice. That wasn't even the match of the card, let alone the year. In fact, from bell to bell I'd go so far as to say Taiyo/Shirai was better. The match of the night was Aikawa/Bito for me. I was there.

I've not seen the card so I don't doubt it.

William Regal vs Dean Ambrose (FCW)

Such a smart little match. I love how it descends into a bloody brawl and Regal takes a nasty gash to the ear. This is the only match I think I've seen since Piper/Valentine that has extended ear work and Regal does a great job in selling losing his equilibrium and looking disorientated. The refs in the gloves stopping the match to clean up the blood always piss me off but it works within the story here. I love Ambrose continuing to kick the shit out of him anyway and taking out half the rooster whilst he's at it. This is one of the (many) things that bug me about the WWE - none of the heels are allowed to get any heat, they're all booked like the underdog trying to overcome the face. That's one of the reasons that nobody gives a shit about the feuds any more cos they're not presented as a credible threat. This was a memorable conclusion to the best feud of the year. And yes, I am an Ambrose man. What the fuck is he doing now FCW's gone by the way?

Archived