Match of the Year 2012 Thread

Forrest

I thought the Slammiversary tag match was great but it did come across as a bit spotty at times. Nothing wrong with that but takes it out of the MOTY running for me. I thought Aries-Joe was the best match on that card. Great that TNA are getting so many nominations though - it's about time!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am clearly looking for different things in my wrestling if Joe vs Aries is supposed to be a match of the year contender. It was just a 90mph spotfest. I am watching the PPV now cos everyone is telling me how good TNA has become but I am not buying it if thats the measuring stick.

I am clearly looking for different things in my wrestling if Joe vs Aries is supposed to be a match of the year contender. It was just a 90mph spotfest. I am watching the PPV now cos everyone is telling me how good TNA has become but I am not buying it if thats the measuring stick.

Nothing wrong with a 90mph spotfest. Just another style of wrestling to me. If it's done right, it can be just as good as any other style.

• Paid Members

I didn't think Joe vs Aries was a spot-fest at all. Every move had a point, the match told a story from start to finish, and even the spots weren't stupid, bar maybe the 450.

The match told a solid Speed vs Power story all the way through, the wrestlers told it well, the commentators told it well, and I could see it for myself. That was the difference between that match and any shite arse indy spotfest where people are just throwing themselves about and doing canadian destroyers and taking top rope brainbusters.

I didn't feel there was time to digest anything as there was very little selling for most of it. They would take a move and pop straight back up to nail their own move

We must have been watching different matches then, there was plenty of selling in both those matches. The tag team had more spots, but then there's 4 guys in there, and that's the nature of tag team wrestling.

TNA used to be terrible with people forgetting to sell offence longer than 30 seconds, but they've been a lot better recently.

I thought the tag match was good, I tuned out of the opener after a while so dunno if it got better but it was very gung ho for a while. I'm not saying it was a bad match I just would never have said match of the year candidate

I know I'm late with this suggestion since it's a match from January but I'm nominating Black Terry vs. Chico Che (lucha de apuesta). I've never really paid IWRG much attention before but I'm getting it now. A blood soaked dramatic brawl, including a brilliant moment where Terry, despite being the technico, shoves the referee in the flight path of Chicho Che because he knows he's moments away from losing his hair. Great stuff.

I really enjoyed the tuxedo match from the other night. Amazing story telling, with the cobra being thrown into the crowd, only to have an additional cobra on the foot. Love that they started with a booyay too in which you rarely see in WWE.

• 3 weeks later...

I know I'm late with this suggestion since it's a match from January but I'm nominating Black Terry vs. Chico Che (lucha de apuesta). I've never really paid IWRG much attention before but I'm getting it now. A blood soaked dramatic brawl, including a brilliant moment where Terry, despite being the technico, shoves the referee in the flight path of Chicho Che because he knows he's moments away from losing his hair. Great stuff.

Any youtube (or other stream sites) links for this one Vamp? Sounds like something I

Any youtube (or other stream sites) links for this one Vamp? Sounds like something I

Archived