Match of the Year 2012 Thread

Forrest

Seeing as nobody else has - Styles v Angle at Sacrifice.

Interesting setup in that there was no huge beef between them, but Styles was frustrated by the suggestions he's been boning Dixie Carter, and obviously set out to try and out-wrestle Angle to show he was focussed on the job.

I guess I'm a sucker for this sort of match - start out with a bit of chain wrestling, then move into more regular pro wrestling before a series of counter finishes. No stupid risky moments (aside from the moonsault), no foreign objects, no interference. Ended with mutual respect too which left the crowd happy.

I really enjoyed it too. I quite liked the drama of it, and even the interference from Whingus and Dingus didn't make me groan like usual interference when it happens in TNA i guess because it meant something. I bloody love Kurt Angle too, i think if we just accept that the Angle Slam isn't a Finisher then we can all move on and appreciate him more.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Tyson strikes again, as he and Cesaro had a fucking magnificent match on last week's Superstars (IE: the last one to be broadcast in the UK as of today). That European uppercut/suplex thing looked mad in particular. Matt Striker even put over CHIKARA on commentary for christ's sake.

The week before, he and Hunico had another magic match too. Not as good as their last one or the Cesaro match, but it's still great. It's not exactly MOTY material, but it's a real fun watch anyway.

• Paid Members

It was a good match, but it wasn't that good. It was two good wrestlers having a good 8 minute TV match. Doesn't come touch any of the other bouts mentioned in this thread.

On the subject of Matt Striker, he's such a cunt isn't he? Why's he still employed by them? He's fucking useless.

Absolutely useless. He sounds like he should be writing dirtsheets, not commentating.

I enjoyed it, thought it was something we don't see too often and blew away most of the stuff I've seen on WWE TV in a while.

• 2 weeks later...
2 additions from Slammiversary that I'm sure will have many advocates:

Austin Aries vs. Samoa Joe

Kurt Angle/AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels/Frankie Kazarian

Both were spectacular.

Yup, seconded. Both were really top draw

The Styles/Angle Vs Kazarian/Daniels match from Slammiversary gets my vote for #1 thus far this year. I really enjoyed this match and I've really enjoyed the Storyline involving Dixie. As a few months ago the AJ/Daniels feud felt really dull but it's been one of the best angles for a while. Back to the match... Fantastic showing for all four men. Both Angle and AJ are two of the greatest who've been in the ring and were on top form. Plus it's always great to see tag team wrestling

Aries - Bully was a cracker, and deserves seconding.

And I also second the Angle/Styles v Kaz/Daniels match from Sacrifice, the first wrestling match in a long while that actually blew me away.

Archived