Brian Christopher Appreciation Thread

garynysmon

• Paid Members

I've been slowly working my way through every episode of Raw from 1997 and must say one of the most entertaining elements during the second part of the year is the side story of Jerry Lawler being Brian Christopher's father.

Look at him commentate here, his character is so over the top but it's funny.

Any other fans of Too Sexy?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
His return on Raw last year was one of the most awkward moments I've ever witnessed. Dead silence from the crowd with him dancing his heart out and getting winded in the process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apCYdZ9KUL0

He was supposed to be playing an embarrassing douchbag there.

I was a big time mark for Too Cool back in the day and always had a soft spot for Brian ever since, just because of that. He is a massive bell end, though.

I enjoyed him in 1997 too. But in that gimmick, he was a guy you could only take in moderation as he'd eventually drive you nuts listening to all his shrieking and laughing. He was still ok through Too Much in 1998 and 1999, and the first few weeks of 2-Cool. But when they turned in late 1999, it was all downhill as far as I was concerned.

Loosely related, I generally used to love the unusual, novelty type matches that occasionally popped up on RAW during 1997 - from the light heavyweight stuff with appearances by the likes of Jerry Lynn, Tajiri, Sasuke, Devon Storm, the Fantastics as well as Christopher and the other guys who would hang around for longer, all the way through to the ECW invasion and appearances, with Flash Funk taking on Sabu and RVD, Chris Candido showing up, and the Mr Monday Night stuff with Lawler teaming with RVD in a few matches. There was also the AAA guys, which included the Space Cadets and Vipers spotfests, as well as some fun midget action with Max Mini & co.

It's not that it was all great or anything, but it was at least something different, as the normal roster was a bit thin. WCW had always been like that in terms of bringing in guys from elsewhere temporarily or for one night , but WWF generally tended to be more of a closed shop, relying exclusively on their established faces. I guess they were willing to try anything to bring some variety to try and compete with WCW.

I've never liked him and he's a fucking wanker too, I loved it when dean ayass said about leaving him lost in the middle of nowhere or something after revival.

Didn't most of the other wrestlers hate him I'm sure I read he may even of got beat up a few times to.

I think he's the flag bearer of living off Daddy's name

My favourite thing he was involved in was the dreadful tag match at Breakdown, him and Scott Taylor against Too Cold Scorpio and Al Snow, I've never seen a match in a major promotion with so many fuck ups plus the hilarious bit where he stands in the aisle screaming while Al Snow runs about 50 yards to clothesline him

• Paid Members
But when they turned in late 1999, it was all downhill as far as I was concerned.

Fuck off, too cool were ace. They were a lower mid card act who could go out in the first few matches and warm every one up. The crowd loved the worm, they loved the dancing, they would put on some solid and enjoyable matches which fitted where they were on the card. They had something unique about them and they benefited the whole show for being there.

By the same hand they could go out on smackdown and team with Rock in some 6 man, not look out of place and take the pin without any damage.

• Paid Members
My favourite thing he was involved in was the dreadful tag match at Breakdown, him and Scott Taylor against Too Cold Scorpio and Al Snow.

He was also involved in an absolutely terrible "Handicap" match with Too Cool vs Al Snow where "Head" got "Head & Shoulders (but I don't have dandruff?)" stuck onto the bottom of her and took the pin.

God, Russo in 1998 makes my head hurt.

But when they turned in late 1999, it was all downhill as far as I was concerned.

Fuck off, too cool were ace. They were a lower mid card act who could go out in the first few matches and warm every one up. The crowd loved the worm, they loved the dancing, they would put on some solid and enjoyable matches which fitted where they were on the card. They had something unique about them and they benefited the whole show for being there.

By the same hand they could go out on smackdown and team with Rock in some 6 man, not look out of place and take the pin without any damage.

Why would I care about what the crowd liked though? I care about what I liked, and that certainly wasn't (babyface) Too Cool.

• Paid Members
My favourite thing he was involved in was the dreadful tag match at Breakdown, him and Scott Taylor against Too Cold Scorpio and Al Snow.

He was also involved in an absolutely terrible "Handicap" match with Too Cool vs Al Snow where "Head" got "Head & Shoulders (but I don't have dandruff?)" stuck onto the bottom of her and took the pin.

God, Russo in 1998 makes my head hurt.

King of the ring 1998. JR buries the match later on in the show.

Archived