Brian Christopher Appreciation Thread

garynysmon

I've been watching some RAW's from 1998 and there is some decent stuff between Pantera, Brian Christopher and Taka. Taka is really over around this point. Just watched No Way Out from Texas 98 where Taka faced Pantera which was a good match. Pantera performs a pretty smart Senton onto Taka on the outside of the ring when Taka is lying on his stomach. Really impressive..

Anyway I haven't really mentioned Brian too much but the he was decent around this time. Also Too Cool were alright weren't they?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Brian was a pretty fun addition in 1997 and then he didn't really catch my attention again until Too Cool took off. He was a reliable hand in the ring I guess but he is quite forgettable, although one of the more talented son of a famous wrestler, even if he never made it to the heights Jerry did.

I've been watching some RAW's from 1998 and there is some decent stuff between Pantera, Brian Christopher and Taka. Taka is really over around this point. Just watched No Way Out from Texas 98 where Taka faced Pantera which was a good match. Pantera performs a pretty smart Senton onto Taka on the outside of the ring when Taka is lying on his stomach. Really impressive..

Aye, that was a fun match, and Christopher on commentary and the afters with him & the King added to things.

Although obviously the highlight was Sunny in that pink number :wacko:

Back in Mexico, Pantera was fantastic. One of the most underrated luchadors ever.

Fucking hell, Sunnys ring announcing around this point was an absolute disgrace aswell. It was good to see there version of the Crusierweights the Light-Heavyweight division work well due to the awful attempt in 1997, remember that terrible tag match from Rumble 97? Fucking awful.

Anyway what happened to Pantera? I'm around about the 20th Feb 98 and he hasn't appeared following No Way Out.

• Paid Members
Fucking hell, Sunnys ring announcing around this point was an absolute disgrace aswell. It was good to see there version of the Crusierweights the Light-Heavyweight division work well due to the awful attempt in 1997, remember that terrible tag match from Rumble 97? Fucking awful.

Anyway what happened to Pantera? I'm around about the 20th Feb 98 and he hasn't appeared following No Way Out.

Who gives a shit about that, it got Sunny on TV every week. I was happy with that.

Pantera, I don't think appeared after No Way Out, and Aguila ended up being Taka's opponent for Mania.

• Paid Members
The Light-Heavyweights were having brilliant matches it just put a downer when she screeched down the mic when announcing. But the fact that she looked like a coked up slut mostly compensated for that one

Ok, you saved yourself there. Still she was jsut ring announcing, not actually on during the matches. She did more harm for those poor little lads at the Rumble '98 :)

• Paid Members
Fucking hell, Sunnys ring announcing around this point was an absolute disgrace aswell.

She won me over by doing a little dance to Taka's theme on one 98 Raw as she sat on the ring steps.

Going back to Bryan his 1998 - 1999 stuff just comes across as boring undercard crap to me, always has and will. Too Cool on the other hand really came across as great to 14 year old me. looking back now they were a great addition to the tag scene which was headlined by the EC Hardys Dudleys trio with Too Cool, APA T&A Right to Censor etc being the additions that made it must see TV for me back in 2000. Sadly by 2001 they had lost there allure and when Scotty got injured Christophers thrown together team with blackman just couldnt cut it

Archived