Brian Christopher Appreciation Thread

garynysmon

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Raised an amused smile, but ultimately not worth dedicating much thought to.

Bit like his thread, really.

• Paid Members
Plus, he had the sweetest top rope leg drop- the Hip Hop Drop!

I heard it referred to as the Tennessee Jam too.

It was called that before he went "Grandmaster Sexay". He used that finishing move name when he was Brian Christopher.

• Paid Members

Great match where everyone was super over. I really liked Too Cool, Both could work a decent match and were fun and bright characters. Also, as said, Grandmaster Sexay is one of the coolest wrestling names ever.

grand-master-sexay-o.gif

I think he's the flag bearer of living off Daddy's name

Well he was better than Ted DiBiase Jr, Harry Smith or Michael McGillicutty have ever been.

Spot on. I'm no big Brian Christopher fan, but on his day he could have a decent match, and his gimmick as a one-note midcard comedy act was a fun, albeit not integral part of WWE TV during its most consistently entertaining period. He got more of a reaction for that than he ever did for any angle that was based on his association to Lawler, and that alone puts him streets ahead of any of the above (or Erik Watts, Garrett Bischoff, David Flair, and however many other useless sons of wrestlers you wish to mention).

Fun and not entirely irrelevant fact: he had a cocktail named after him at one of our local pubs in 2000, as did Scotty Too Hotty, which in a roundabout way is the closest wrestling ever came to being mainstream in South Shields.

Great match where everyone was super over. I really liked Too Cool, Both could work a decent match and were fun and bright characters. Also, as said, Grandmaster Sexay is one of the coolest wrestling names ever.

grand-master-sexay-o.gif

I fucking loved the McMahon-Helmsley era/angle and that right there is one of my favourite TV matches ever.

I always enjoyed making up the words to the Too Cool entrance.

I refuse to look up the real ones.

I loved the classic Too Cool theme (I went bonkers when I heard it on a stock-music CD that came free with a computer magazine), hated when they changed it to that "Turn it up, bangin' it bangin' it" one.

I fucking loved the McMahon-Helmsley era/angle and that right there is one of my favourite TV matches ever.

I'm probably in a minority here, but I hated that era to be honest.

I have always been under the impression that it wasn't a very popular era in general.

I have always been under the impression that it wasn't a very popular era in general.

Really? It was at its peak from early 2000 to summer of the same year, which I thought was generally acknowledged as a period when the WWF was pretty much perfect, in terms of booking, talent pool and overall quality of TV and PPVs. Admittedly it's entirely subjective, but it's certainly my favourite time in wrestling.

Really? It was at its peak from early 2000 to summer of the same year, which I thought was generally acknowledged as a period when the WWF was pretty much perfect, in terms of booking, talent pool and overall quality of TV and PPVs. Admittedly it's entirely subjective, but it's certainly my favourite time in wrestling.

I'm only going on what I have read over the years on the internet so I'm probably well off.

It delivered some top notch Television.

Archived