RuleOne answers all your belt related questions

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's a question for you. What happened to Ric Flair's NWA belt that he was using as collateral everywhere?

AFAIK: He's got it back, whether he's in physical possession of it I'm not sure, it may be in holding until he sorts out the never ending fiasco with his debts. I'm pretty sure he paid off his debts to Highspots. Frankly the NWA Domed Globe doesn't interest me and neither does Flair. Meltzer probably has a better idea.

• Moderators
Here's a question for you. What happened to Ric Flair's NWA belt that he was using as collateral everywhere?

AFAIK: He's got it back, whether he's in physical possession of it I'm not sure, it may be in holding until he sorts out the never ending fiasco with his debts. I'm pretty sure he paid off his debts to Highspots. Frankly the NWA Domed Globe doesn't interest me and neither does Flair. Meltzer probably has a better idea.

Christ, calm down. Only asking.

Personally I loved that NWA title. One of my favourites along with the US title prior to Wrestle War '91 and that massive green WWF title belt.

Christ, calm down.

Personally I loved that NWA title. One of my favourites along with the US title prior to Wrestle War '91 and that massive green WWF title belt.

It does look over-dramatic but it wasn't intended to be.

I respect the history of the belt and agree it's one for the ages but overall I've never really been big on the NWA. Highspots were/got too greedy, within two days of them having the belt, $50,000+ was offered by private collectors. They then publicised it on the web and that's when it sprung up about the other collateral contracts. I'm still undecided about the new version though.

Hogan says he gave the Big Green to his brother-in-law, the fool. Real belts are money.

When it comes to the NWA there's much much worse, even from those era's but then again it would be like shooting fish in a barrel because the NWA had so many championships. These days it's still a pain in the arse to keep track of it all.

• Paid Members
Whatever happened to the giant WWF title belt they made before WM3 "in case Andre wins"?

Wasnt it just given to Andre? When he did win the belt (for only a few seconds as per sale to million dollar man) i'm sure i read WWE gave him that belt when he became champion?

Although after a brief google:

The WWE still has the belt locked in a safe at WWE Headquarters.

I'm still undecided about the new version though.

New version of the NWA world belt? Last time I saw it, it was a replica of the old dome belt with a red strap and looked reasonably attractive for me. Have they dome a complete redesign since then?

I'm resisting the urge to put up a picture of Bull Ramos with the ugliest looking title of all time.

Reading the posts before this one, I actually thought

Archived