RuleOne answers all your belt related questions

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Some man was recently selling the neon WCW Saturday Night sign on Ebay. I was super tempted.

I remember that. Looked class. Wonder if it still works? Imagine having that, in full glow somewhere in your house? Another thing, a few years ago, Mel Phillips flogged a load of stuff he'd knicked from WWF's stockroom back when he worked there. Including this:

tumblr_kq8w5wZZBt1qa1wcao1_400.jpg

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I dont understand what WWF got and what it didnt get. TNA's original four sided rings were former WCW rings. The one from the first NWA TNA PPV (that broke when that fat black bloke took a bump) was a ring from WCW, so who knows. And I cant imagine they have all of the old WCW stuff. Hacksaw Duggan flogged the old Television title, Scott Steiner has the original WCW belt, Hulk Hogan has the WCW belt they used during the nWo years, Ric Flair has one from some period. Rey Mysterio kept the Cruiserweight tag team belts. I remember WCW was so unorganised, they still havent sorted all the videos out yet. WCW had tapes with labels like "WCW Nitro July 5, 96/Birds of a Feather/Half of WCW Worldwide (taped off DSF)/Emmerdale/Brush Strokes - bit missing off the end" and stuff of that ilk. If they couldnt organise the tape library, I can only imagine what these jokers chucked and destroyed.

Hulk Hogan has a cast of the original belt Scott Steiner has, which initially was Jeff Jarrett's but Hogan took it with him after the BOTB 2000 fiasco and attests its the original.

Rey Mysterio has one version of the World Crusierweight and one half of the Cruiserweight Tag-Team title, Kidman has the other.

They also had two new sets of tag-team belts made, both have been sold on but one of the newer ones was destroyed. Apart from the Big Gold which Steiner has, WCW and its wrestlers lost a shit ton of belts over the years.

The video library is still a mess and one person who works for WWE has said that it's probably going to take another few years to get straight. They don't think that there is a complete collection either. :(

The video library is still a mess and one person who works for WWE has said that it's probably going to take another few years to get straight. They don't think that there is a complete collection either. :(

There's not, around 2007/8 WWE found out that they had lost the master copy of a Nitro from 1997 when trying to get it ready for it's 24/7 airing. It was reported that they actually looked into buying a good quality copy from online tape traders.

• Paid Members
About 2 years ago there were 3 of the old WCW Nitro ring canvass on sale on highspots for about 3000 US dollars a piece if I remember correctly, so they must part with some stuff, unless WCW sold them on before the takeover.

I know years ago Orig williams used to use actual WCW ring skirts, (as didnt he once help with the old WCW tours?), so i'm guessing WCW must of just payed for loads of eveything (Canvas', skirts, etc) with various people ending up with them, those who helped out/employees and so on.

• Paid Members

Orig Williams used to have the original blue and yellow WCW aprons on his ring (Which was a lot smaller than a WCW ring so they didn't even fit properly) Theyw ere from the original WCW tours of the UK, so im guessing about 92-93?

Edit: Dammit what are the odds of being beaten to a post about Orig Williams :D

• Paid Members
Cracking idea, I'd love to see something like that. Not just with stuff from the warehouse, but (as I think Ian or someone else mentioned) like a big, permanent Axxess. A 'Hall Of Monsters' featuring exhibits like a pair of Big Show's boots (for the 'holy christ he's a very tall gentleman' factor), a selection of Kane's masks through the years, the Gobbeldy Gooker's egg, and so on. Or a 'Remember This?' gallery with items like a Katie Vick mannequin (interactive exhibit?) and the watch Stone Cold used to talk to in 2001.

Didn't the Wrestlecrap guys buy Katie Vick's cheerleader costume from one of the WWE Online Auctions? I'm sure it's in one of the Wrestlecrap books.

• Paid Members

Orig Williams provided the rings on the first WCW tour in 1991, so WCW just flew other the aprons.

In the late 1993 tour they used some boxing rings, which Regal likened to asking a pool player to use a length of rope as a cue.

• Paid Members

It's about Punk's whole career. He tweeted ages ago that WWE were trying to find the rightsholder for some indy footage or other, so it sounds like it's gonna be pretty in-depth.

• Paid Members
With Regal currently tweeting he's being interviewed for Punk's DVD, does anyone have a clue what it's actually going to be about?

Long shot, but possibly the fact that he's effectively straight edge these days? Or talking about Punk's abstinence compared to his own prior addictions?

Archived