RuleOne answers all your belt related questions

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In terms of a wwe museum/building what would peoples fantasy museum be like?

Feel free for multiple answers per topic:

Tackiness scale: 1-10 (describe...)

Photo! Sale (where would you put the 8.99 keying photo opportunities?)

Whats in the Gift shop? (woolworths in the 90s? Gummy wrestlers and brodus clay pjs?)

Zones of the museum? (would you have a Benoit hall of horrors? Finks room of Mics??)

What would the year pass be called?

Free gifts when walking around? (welcome to the sumerslam zone, here's a wwe ice cream)

Special guests? (Mene Gene offering you a guide for 2.99?)

Any extras....

TNA's original four sided rings were former WCW rings. The one from the first NWA TNA PPV (that broke when that fat black bloke took a bump) was a ring from WCW, so who knows.

When the mats ringside get pulled up on Impact, you'll see the flames from where they're the old Nitro ones used upside down.

• Paid Members
It is definitely the Nitro ones? I'd seen them on the back of the mats before and thought the same thing, but had never really seen anyone mention it before.

I think he's joking.

Whos joking?

They are the old nitro mats are they not?

It is definitely the Nitro ones? I'd seen them on the back of the mats before and thought the same thing, but had never really seen anyone mention it before.

I think he's joking.

Whos joking?

They are the old nitro mats are they not?

They are certainly similar, with the flame design on the other side. Someone should tweet Borash or someone like that, though they probably wouldn't admit it anyway - does seem a bit pikey!

With Regal currently tweeting he's being interviewed for Punk's DVD, does anyone have a clue what it's actually going to be about?

Long shot, but possibly the fact that he's effectively straight edge these days? Or talking about Punk's abstinence compared to his own prior addictions?

Punk won the Intercontinental Title from Regal. Maybe Punk has a similar opinion to Bret Hart on the importance of the I-C Title? I remember Bret in the Fab 4 interview from 1997 saying everyone wants to be World Champion but (back then at least) the I-C Title had a reputation of being the belt put on the hard workers having great matches while The World Champion fannied around with huge guys with limited ability in the main events.

How come Scott Steiner has a WCW Title belt?

I can understand how Hogan, Mysterio, and Duggan kept theirs - but I assumed the one Steiner held in 2000/2001 ended up with Booker T taking to WWE with him?

Punk won the Intercontinental Title from Regal. Maybe Punk has a similar opinion to Bret Hart on the importance of the I-C Title? I remember Bret in the Fab 4 interview from 1997 saying everyone wants to be World Champion but (back then at least) the I-C Title had a reputation of being the belt put on the hard workers having great matches while The World Champion fannied around with huge guys with limited ability in the main events.

CM Punk would have to be an idiot to think that way, because it certainly hasn't been the case in his era. For example, when Punk beat Regal for the Intercontinental title, Jeff Hardy was the World Champion.

I can understand how Hogan, Mysterio, and Duggan kept theirs - but I assumed the one Steiner held in 2000/2001 ended up with Booker T taking to WWE with him?

In 2000, WCW casted 4/5 (Number never fully confirmed.) copies of the Big Gold. Steiner had one and during his reign swapped it with the real one, he also has the old WCW World Television title and one half of a copy of the NWA World Tag-Team titles. The one Booker T had in WWE was Steiner's cast, which was used until around WM 19 when HHH debuted the J-Mar 3D Big Gold with the WWE logo on. WWE still have the cast and the last I seen of it was in promotion pictures involving Batista. (2005 or so.)

Out of the casts there has been three visible and in the public eye:

DDP (Takes it to conventions and events.)

Hulk Hogan (Showed it in a video not so long back, claimed it to be the original, it's not.)

WWE (Held by Booker T, Kurt Angle, The Rock, Chris Jericho, HHH & Shawn Michaels. Batista had it for promo purposes.)

Kevin Nash and Sting claim to have a copy too.

Interesting, thanks for that. :thumbsup:

CM Punk would have to be an idiot to think that way, because it certainly hasn't been the case in his era.

True, but I'm guessing it was during those glory years where Savage, Steamboat, Hennig, Bret, etc. held that belt that he became a wrestling fan.

Another example of that would be Steve Corino making out in interviews that his AWA & NWA Title victories were big deals. Presumably they were important to him because he used to watch matches involving those titles before getting into the business.

It's possible.

• Paid Members

In 2000, WCW casted 4/5 (Number never fully confirmed.) copies of the Big Gold. Steiner had one and during his reign swapped it with the real one, he also has the old WCW World Television title and one half of a copy of the NWA World Tag-Team titles. The one Booker T had in WWE was Steiner's cast, which was used until around WM 19 when HHH debuted the J-Mar 3D Big Gold with the WWE logo on. WWE still have the cast and the last I seen of it was in promotion pictures involving Batista. (2005 or so.)

Out of the casts there has been three visible and in the public eye:

DDP (Takes it to conventions and events.)

Hulk Hogan (Showed it in a video not so long back, claimed it to be the original, it's not.)

WWE (Held by Booker T, Kurt Angle, The Rock, Chris Jericho, HHH & Shawn Michaels. Batista had it for promo purposes.)

Kevin Nash and Sting claim to have a copy too.

What are the differences between the original and the replicas?

What are the differences between the original and the replicas?

The original was made by Crumrine (A belt buckle company in Reno, Nevada.) and hand engraved out of silver then gold plated, it started out with having real gems in it but wrestlers kept popping them out thinking they were going to make a quick buck on them. The casts are made from brass and were incorrectly prepped and some have began to rust/spoil. There is limited depth to the casts and you can't see the deep engraving and detail the original has. The belts were plated badly too, so they gave off an orange glean rather than a gold sparkle. The original was also redone this way too bt later stripped. The most notciable thing you would see to distinuish the two would be that the original looks two toned (Dual plated, Gold and Silver.) whereas the casts are just gold.

If I can be bothered to dig out pictures, I'll post them either today or tomorrow.

Archived