RuleOne answers all your belt related questions

IANdrewDiceClay

• Awards Moderator
It does seem like an incredible place. I wonder where the warehouse actually is with all the gear. As said before it'd be beyond amazing for all us but I wonder if it would be financially viable to buy a place and show off all there shit.

I'm sure there are lots of big museums for music and sports and stuff, isn't there a big baseball museum somewhere? I'm sure people would go from all over to see a WWE museum, as long as it was really cool, like a WWE version of a Ripley's believe it or not.

Cracking idea, I'd love to see something like that. Not just with stuff from the warehouse, but (as I think Ian or someone else mentioned) like a big, permanent Axxess. A 'Hall Of Monsters' featuring exhibits like a pair of Big Show's boots (for the 'holy christ he's a very tall gentleman' factor), a selection of Kane's masks through the years, the Gobbeldy Gooker's egg, and so on. Or a 'Remember This?' gallery with items like a Katie Vick mannequin (interactive exhibit?) and the watch Stone Cold used to talk to in 2001.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah, I dont understand what WWF got and what it didnt get. TNA's original four sided rings were former WCW rings. The one from the first NWA TNA PPV (that broke when that fat black bloke took a bump) was a ring from WCW, so who knows. And I cant imagine they have all of the old WCW stuff. Hacksaw Duggan flogged the old Television title, Scott Steiner has the original WCW belt, Hulk Hogan has the WCW belt they used during the nWo years, Ric Flair has one from some period. Rey Mysterio kept the Cruiserweight tag team belts. I remember WCW was so unorganised, they still havent sorted all the videos out yet. WCW had tapes with labels like "WCW Nitro July 5, 96/Birds of a Feather/Half of WCW Worldwide (taped off DSF)/Emmerdale/Brush Strokes - bit missing off the end" and stuff of that ilk. If they couldnt organise the tape library, I can only imagine what these jokers chucked and destroyed.

Actually, one thing I think WWE deserves massive accolade for is the quality of the footage from old non-WWE feds that they put out on WWE Classics and so on. I mean, a lot of this stuff exists only on old broadcast tape that's been knocking about in God knows who's attic or passed hand-to-hand for years, and yet when you buy a WWE DVD the quality is always incredibly high.

Their archive and restoration team are fucking good, basically, and if they treat their footage that well I'd imagine everything else has been kept and stored in near-perfect condition as well.

• Paid Members
Cracking idea, I'd love to see something like that. Not just with stuff from the warehouse, but (as I think Ian or someone else mentioned) like a big, permanent Axxess. A 'Hall Of Monsters' featuring exhibits like a pair of Big Show's boots (for the 'holy christ he's a very tall gentleman' factor), a selection of Kane's masks through the years, the Gobbeldy Gooker's egg, and so on. Or a 'Remember This?' gallery with items like a Katie Vick mannequin (interactive exhibit?) and the watch Stone Cold used to talk to in 2001.

Train up old wrestlers as tour guides and you've got another attraction.

Fuck it, add a theme park. Roller Coaster could be The ultimate ... warrior. The flat back bumper cars. The Roy Farris Wheel...

They really could've made that old school Raw they did much better than it was with all the shit they still have. An old school cage match would look pretty cool today, if only for one night and a bit of nostalgia.

I read last night somewhere that one of the two blue bar cages was sold for scrap by an ex-wrestler who couldn't be arsed storing it anymore. So lord knows what they did with the other one.

• Awards Moderator

Train up old wrestlers as tour guides and you've got another attraction.

Fuck it, add a theme park. Roller Coaster could be The ultimate ... warrior. The flat back bumper cars. The Roy Farris Wheel...

I would love to take a tour led by an old wrestler. Someone else could do a run-in halfway through and then finish the tour.

I'd like the theme park to have a Damien-themed rollercoaster, where the train/carriage/thing you sit in is snake-shaped, you're chasing a mouse or something, there's lots of ups and downs and twists and turns, then at the end you all get sat on by Earthquake. It'd be called 'Damien's Dinner Time thrill ride' or words to that effect.

EDIT: Also, surely Ric Flair's Space Mountain is a given.

• Paid Members

Problem is you'd get in the car and be pushed along at great speed, but then it would just start randomly stopping and starting before a ticket collector came along and complained you hadn't paid your dues.

• Moderators
Yeah, I dont understand what WWF got and what it didnt get. TNA's original four sided rings were former WCW rings. The one from the first NWA TNA PPV (that broke when that fat black bloke took a bump) was a ring from WCW, so who knows. And I cant imagine they have all of the old WCW stuff. Hacksaw Duggan flogged the old Television title, Scott Steiner has the original WCW belt, Hulk Hogan has the WCW belt they used during the nWo years, Ric Flair has one from some period. Rey Mysterio kept the Cruiserweight tag team belts. I remember WCW was so unorganised, they still havent sorted all the videos out yet. WCW had tapes with labels like "WCW Nitro July 5, 96/Birds of a Feather/Half of WCW Worldwide (taped off DSF)/Emmerdale/Brush Strokes - bit missing off the end" and stuff of that ilk. If they couldnt organise the tape library, I can only imagine what these jokers chucked and destroyed.

Some man was recently selling the neon WCW Saturday Night sign on Ebay. I was super tempted.

Archived