RuleOne answers all your belt related questions

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to find the video of Hulk showing off his belts up close but it seems he's deleted it and I can't be arsed to upload it. Aside from the Stampede belt, the WWF belts aren't originals the IC and Tags aren't even full belts, just the main plate in a shadow box. On a side note Sunny has tried repeatedly to sell Chris Candido's Tag main plate over the years.

• Paid Members

You know everything about these belts Rule One! Its great to hear, it really is. Answers a lot of bullshit you hear on the internet about who has and who hasnt got original titles. Shame there isnt any pictures knocking about. Would love to see close ups of the Hogan and Bret belts, from inside their homes.

Sorry to keep chewing your ear off about belts, but was the blue Warrior belt that Hellwig was flogging, the same one from 1990?

You know everything about these belts Rule One! Its great to hear, it really is. Answers a lot of bullshit you hear on the internet about who has and who hasnt got original titles. Shame there isnt any pictures knocking about. Would love to see close ups of the Hogan and Bret belts, from inside their homes.

Sorry to keep chewing your ear off about belts, but was the blue Warrior belt that Hellwig was flogging, the same one from 1990?

I don't know everything about belts, I'm still learning. There are pictures but I'm lazy, if I can't find them in the usual places, I've normally got them on a hard drive but I am too lazy too sift/sort and upload them. If it's about belts you'll never chew my ear off, I fucking love them.

The powder blue Winged Eagle is indeed the one from his 1990 run but last I heard the motherfucker wants $25k+ for it.

Belt Talk is the place for all your belt needs really, you have to sign up to view the forum and gallery and the owner (Dan Van Alst aka BeltfanDan.) is pretty much a guru on belts. Be warned though, long time members are arseholes to new people and it's best to use the FAQ and search functions first. We're a fucking weird bunch, that's for sure.

While we're on the subject, what happens with champions recieving replica belts? Presumably, every champion is given a replica belt? Does this mean there's a Ho somewhere with a framed Hardcore title above their fireplace?

• Paid Members

They dont get replica belts. I'm sure a wrestler has been award one as a nice gesture once or twice, but the likes of Zack Ryder and even The Rock probably asked to get theirs made. I remember Bret Hart getting the piss ripped out of him back in the mid-90s. "His everyman character is a shame, he's such a mark he keeps his fake belts etc." but now EVERY wrestler does it. Rock, Hogan, Shane Helms, Matt Hardy the lot.

Fuck, I'd do it. I'd have my belts just above the telly for my mates to be jealous over. I'd put my figures on the table as I eat my tea.

While we're on the subject, what happens with champions recieving replica belts? Presumably, every champion is given a replica belt? Does this mean there's a Ho somewhere with a framed Hardcore title above their fireplace?

They dont get replica belts. I'm sure a wrestler has been award one as a nice gesture once or twice, but the likes of Zack Ryder and even The Rock probably asked to get theirs made. I remember Bret Hart getting the piss ripped out of him back in the mid-90s. "His everyman character is a shame, he's such a mark he keeps his fake belts etc." but now EVERY wrestler does it. Rock, Hogan, Shane Helms, Matt Hardy the lot.

Fuck, I'd do it. I'd have my belts just above the telly for my mates to be jealous over. I'd put my figures on the table as I eat my tea.

No one gets a freebie these days, if they want one they have to stump up the money for it themselves, usually they go for replica belts like every Tom, Dick and Harry can get a hold of and then put them in a nice case to try and disguise them as real. (A la The Rock, Chris Jericho and etc.) In years gone by, when a new title was made or made defunct the last champion was usually given it to keep. These days the belts are given back to the maker as a trade in for a cheaper belt next go round. Some of these find their way to private collectors but aren't cheap at all. Some people just steal the belts outright and claim they lost them in their luggage. Teddy Long is reported to be very handed when it comes to that tactic.

If I ever got to be a mainstream wrestler and won a title I'd let every fucker who stepped into my house know that I was a champion.

• Paid Members

WWE never gave him the ring. According his shoot interview, he asked Bret if he could loan his ring, but never got a call back. Then he paid for a ring himself and THEN Bret Hart rang him to offer him his WWF 20x20 ring. WWF handed out wrestling rings to a few of their wrestlers in the mid 90s.

As far as the aprons and banners I'm 90% sure I heard they still belong to WWE. WWE supposedly allows him to use it as dressing for his school (because they still have a good relationship with him, and like to maintain good relations with school owners like Storm and Harley Race and people who could do them favours as far as developing talent). If they ever want it back, he'll hand it over. Sort of like how FCW has all the old WWE shit up on their walls.

how many belts has Teddy won to "lose" in his luggage?

None off the top of my head but he's been here, there and everywhere Mr Long has. He's had many different roles for a number of companies, who knows what that peanut headed twat most likely got his hands on.

• Paid Members

*NAMEDROP STORY ALERT*

I remember when I was still training, Robbie Brookside told us that he had a shitload of belts that he'd somehow ended up with (often having won them as a legitimacy-lending first champion in promotions that didn't last long), and he just used to give them away to his neighbours' kids. Thought that was pretty funny.

Archived