RuleOne answers all your belt related questions

IANdrewDiceClay

dealt with Darren, very easy to deal with, good value for money I felt, paying less was for inferior belts and if I wanted better the price jumped up considerably anywhere else

It is what it is, if you're happy with it and you got what you wanted then that's all what matters. Darren delivers a half decent product but I feel his belts are a little overpriced for what they are. His earlier belts were pretty awful (See Khemicals Dual Nations title.) and despite his clean tooling, the leather straps aren't of the best quality.

In this game you get what you pay for, please don't take it as a knock on your belt.

Its hard not to with to take it as a knock with that patronising first line but I am happy with it and knew I was opening it up to critique by posting it so no big deal. I know there are better out there for a lot more and far worse out there for less. Some of his work I have seen isnt great but I have seen pics of some that are good. Up close and personal I am very happy with our belt, it is in good condition, the strap seems fine but I know you get what you pay for but we all have a budget to work within. I like it a hell of a lot better than a lot of the plastic looking ones I have seen on the UK scene and I wanted something different to what everyone else had.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Something tells me we've got you onto your pet subject, RuleOne...

Yep as stated earlier in this thread, I fucking love belts, don't know why on the whole but I'm half sure it's down to the allure of being a champion/aspiring to be the best. (I fail at both of these.) I don't know everything about them but I'm trying to learn as much as I possibly can. One day when I stop being lazy I will get around to archiving all the accumlated pics I have on to a website of some sort.

Now we have a triple whammy of wtf...

KPW All-Counties

250me7a.jpg

KPW Tag-Team Titles

ic7b80.jpg

KPW Title

4pw6s5.jpg

I don't know who made them and I don't want to, all I want to know is what was going through their mind when they did them. The person who had them made has no idea about quality control and probably asked the maker (If it wasn't themselves.) that they'd like belts featuring a cartoony retarded eagle.

Fye, I've got one of your DVD's in front of me. A mate borrowed it to me, stressing how I MUST watch it. Didnt realise it was your promotion. I'll have a look tonight. Its your Anniversary show from last year.

mickfan I assume? Hope you enjoy it, let me know what you think, it should be a two disc set with the Feb show with the ladder match and the May anniversary show

great re-name of the thread, I am unbelievably impressed with rule one's knowledge on this subject

Its hard not to with to take it as a knock with that patronising first line but I am happy with it and knew I was opening it up to critique by posting it so no big deal. I know there are better out there for a lot more and far worse out there for less. Some of his work I have seen isnt great but I have seen pics of some that are good. Up close and personal I am very happy with our belt, it is in good condition, the strap seems fine but I know you get what you pay for but we all have a budget to work within. I like it a hell of a lot better than a lot of the plastic looking ones I have seen on the UK scene and I wanted something different to what everyone else had.

I know what you mean and I'm sorry if I come off as a complete twat but after seeing so many people get ripped off by fly-by-night and shady fuckers as well as seeing so many shite belts flooding the market as of late it's hard to keep my mouth shut on some subjects.

Your belts etching is clean, the plates are solid and plated good. Darren at least delivers a half decent product and although he wouldn't be the first person on my list to recommend, I would if needs be, he's been the go to for a fair few British companies so he is doing something right. I also understand that not all promotions have shed loads of money to spend and have to be thrifty. However some companies are ripping other peoples designs for their profits and it's slowly fucking everything up.

fair points mate, you clearly know far more about it than I do, all I can say is I am really happy with what we got having seen and examined it right up close, no offence taken as I was at risk of far worse being said when I posted the pic

• Paid Members
Holy fuck that's massive. Ghastly, and massive. It looks all scratched as well.

It looks as though it's cast in a quite soft metal. The edges and discolouring resembles fake pound coins.

Holy fuck that's massive. Ghastly, and massive. It looks all scratched as well.

It looks as though it's cast in a quite soft metal. The edges and discolouring resembles fake pound coins.

The plates were made in Pakistan and are either cheap brass or a mixed alloy. The plates won't have been cast/etched properly which means the plating won't take to it and it will come off funny, hence the discolouring. Baby oil, sweat and mishandling will have done it no favours either.

• 3 months later...
How much is it to make a sweet looking belt like this? It looks so much better than the WWE, TNA and ROH World titles. And the list of former champions on the side plate is a lovely touch.

4th09.JPG

You can't have that belt made by Midwest, the Japanese are very particular about their belts and the honours/rituals/traditions that go with them. It was stated to have cost anything between $8-12k to produce depending on who you speak to. The version 3 (Which Lesnar held to ransom.) and the Junior Heavyweight titles also have the champions listings on the sideplates.

It took a while but the original and second versions were released as replicas but cost a ridiculous amount of money.

The only feasible way to get your hands on that belt without winning it, is to bootleg it but it would likely be a very costly project if you wanted it to be exactly like the one pictured.

• Paid Members
at risk of being very self indulgent I include a clip of the North East Wrestling Society belt, I always like an excuse to show this off, hopefully you will all see why although I know not everyone loves the design

brit_belt_close_up.jpg

I really like the design of that belt. Simple two-tone, and a very British design. Puts me in mind of the LDN belt - I much prefer it when British promotions use typically British designs, rather than trying to copy American ones.

Archived