Deathmatch interest thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

i already knew that the Swasitka had different meanings in different cultures, i just wanted to know why Kasai had em plastered all over his tights, don't think he's going for the 'peace' look.

As for the barefoot matches, i think the first (definitly the first i was aware of) was a Matunaga/Kasai match in BJW, i couldn't f'n believe it when i first saw it. Madman Pondo and someone topped it in IWA Mid South not long after (think it might have been Ian Rotten), Pondo was dropped both feet first into a pit of tacks at one point, it was insanity. For the record Madman Pondo has stated that's the one match he wouldn't do again.

Edited by Ebb

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
Richie in that match you just reviewed did they do any foot pain spots other than the rope walk? Foot hurting makes me wince like a bitch. Any stepping on kenzans or anything?

There were no real kenzan stomps that I noticed, though both men had to stop and pull glass shards out of their feet. I

Fucking ouch! Someone should do a "Barefoot Christmas decorations match" like the robber steps on in Home Alone, or a John McClain Die Hard broken glass barefoot match.

I know JC Bailey and Drake Younger did a Barefoot Drawing Pins match in 2006, which was Younger's firest ever proper death match if I remember rightly.

Did see JC Bailey and Thumbtack Jack do one too and Jack stabbed a syringe into JC's foot, which Bailey had to then yank out himself.

Ouch!

In fact, here it is 'SYRINGE TO THE FOOT!!!'

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

• Paid Members

Just read the last pages, and I thought I should explain.

The swastikas on Kasai's pants have nothing to do with Buddhism or Hinduism. The reason why it's a motif that features so much in Japan is because the vast majority of Japanese are not aware that swastikas and Nazism is that big a deal. Partly because Japan was Germany's ally during the war, partly because Japan still has strong ultra-right-wing political groups and a problem with racism, but also, most significantly, because the Japanese system of teaching history in schools is ridiculously underdeveloped and ineffective.

When European or American kids are taught history, they're usually taught how to interpret historical texts, why certain events are tied into others, they learn about the numerous factors and influences in historical events and movements, and, most importantly, they're encouraged to interact and ask questions, and are given homework that requires them to actually apply the knowledge they're given.

The Japanese system of teaching history simply consists of the teacher sitting at his desk and reading and droning out dates, what happened when and completely ignoring the rest of the class, most of whom have fallen asleep or are messing around. Nearly every Japanese I've met has said they learned absolutely nothing in history, because all they were expected to do is memorise dates and reel them off in the exam - after which, they discard the data and that's it.

Resultantly, most Japanese are not aware of the evil shit that Japan committed during WWII, or if they are, they believe it's not as bad as reported or that "it's just China and Korea trying to guilt-trip us into letting them do what they want in Asia".

They're even less aware about what happened with Germany - most Japanese aren't even taught about the Holocaust. As far as the average Japanese is concerned, Nazi Germany was a fascist power that tried to take over the world, just like every other empire around at the time, so the biggest association with them is violence and military might - in the Japanese public consciousness, Hitler occupies a similar position that Napoleon does with us: an aggressive militarist who tried to conquer and ultimately failed. There's almost never any mention of the more horrific aspects of his regime which we've come to associate with him and everything surrounding it.

I think it was a New Japan WrestleKingdom poster a couple of years ago which featured a lot of Nazi German and SS imagery on it.

To be honest, it's not just Japan - you'd be surprised just how many Asians don't realise that Nazi Germany was a big deal, simply because it's seen as having been a "European political problem"; add to that that Jews aren't all that numerous in Asia, nor have they been anywhere near as persecuted as they have in Europe (at least, no more so than any other Asian religious minority), and you get a bunch of people who just shrug their shoulders and say "meh", or you even end up with guys in India who open shops like this:

hitler-shop-3_1574470a.jpg

He's changed it now, but when interviewed, he said he hadn't realised who Hitler was, only that he was some big military leader or something.

WTF are those blocks hes falling on?

Its one thing to cut yourself up with stuff, its another to jump 8 foot in the air and come down head first on fucking concrete blocks!

Its a microwave.. What was the move suppose to be? is it a botch or.. perfect?

hitler-shop-3_1574470a.jpg

He's changed it now, but when interviewed, he said he hadn't realised who Hitler was, only that he was some big military leader or something.

He said Hitler was the nickname of his granddad as he was a strict man, also in Bollywood film a nagging boss or wife can get called Hitler. Still its a bit fucked also the link with right wing/fascist parties in India makes it look even more suspect. But then to some degree it might be how those events to that part of the worlds are so distant and alien.